Monday, October 10, 2005

Precious Life



You know, some things have come up lately that have really made me realize how vulnerable we truly are. Sometimes we seem to get stuck in a rut and don't take time to enjoy and take in the beauty of life. Over and over the Lord warns us of life's brevity...such as in James 4:14 "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."

For a while it's felt like things were just great - no major issues, everyone is healthy, we're planning life. And you forget to cherish those sweet moments and make them last a little longer. The once cherished memories seem to lost in the rush of everyday living.

Tonight we Signed at a church. There was an older guy that came up to T and I afterwards and he started talking about all the youth energetically floating around the church. "Oh, sometimes I just wish I could be 100 years younger!" It was so sincere, so honest. It hit me that life is lived, destinies are completing themselves day by day. Your character is only who you are today. What is precious to you is only as valuable as you make it. Sweet memories are only there if you take the time to recall them.

Life is only as precious, as sweet, as joyful as we make it. At times, it can be scary to realize what "risks" living can have and how vulnerable you really are to it. But, then again, that's what makes it such fun and so very unique. This is a lesson that has taken me years to get, but one I hope to not soon forget.

4 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

O precious girl, you are so rignt. My motto since yesterday is "Don't just live life...love life!"

I love you sweet girl! Stay Sweet.

October 10, 2005 11:47 AM

Wed Dec 07, 05:08:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~*~ Deanne ~*~ said...
Hey girl,
Sorry I havent been by in a while... Things have just been really busy. I havent even been blogging as much as I normally blog, but I am trying to get back in the swing of things. Your blog looks great. Thank you so much for the post cards you sent me when you were out on your road trip. Also know that I am praying for your grandfather.. Let me know how everythings is.

((Hugs))

October 11, 2005 10:51 AM

Wed Dec 07, 05:10:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maegan,

Beautiful blog here....and you're so right about life. Thank you for reminding us to savor it and enjoy every moment.

{{{Hugs}}}

Vicki

October 12, 2005 10:40 AM

Wed Dec 07, 05:12:00 PM EST  
Blogger Radical One said...

Hey! Heard that you and T have been asked to train for the tournament in November. Awesome! That will be a blast. I know that's exciting for you.

I haven't got to talk to you much lately. I guess I've been focusing on making sure everything's ok with dad and all that stuff. But thanks for taking care of stuff, that helps so much.

Love ya!

BTW, you're doing great in Karate. Not surprising tho', cos you are good at applying yourself. Stay Sweet!

October 12, 2005 9:32 PM

Wed Dec 07, 05:13:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home