Saturday, October 29, 2005

Update on Papaw



Well, Papaw went to see another lung doctor yesterday to get another opinion on his lungs. And this doctor said he had asbestos in his lungs and that is what's creating the problem. He does have cancer, yes, but according to this doctor, it's very small compared to the asbestos - or mesothelioma.

Apparently, he did work in some asbestos some ten years ago on a job and didn't even think of it until this doctor said something about it. So, he's had this stuff in his lungs for ten years without any major problem. Assuming this doctor knows what he's talking about, I'm not sure on a method of treatment as there is no cure for mesothelioma.

Other than that, we've been having this sinus stuff circling around in our house. T's had it for a while now, and I've been feeling cruddy since yesterday - which is why I'm up at a ridiculous hour when I went to bed after midnight. Mr. Tim was so funny when I told him I was starting to come down with something...he was like, "If I have to drive you and Tarah to the doctor myself, we'll get you pumped full of medicine and get you better for the tournament!"

I have applied for a job at a local coffee shop. The lady said they didn't really need anybody at the moment, but did say she would call me when she did. I do have hopes she will call, as I think I would love owning a coffee business but I want to get into it to be sure before I make the decision.

I also applied for the HOPE scholarship to attend a local college. I'm not sure what will happen with it, but I sure am dreading those tests! You see, I hate Math and being a homeschooler I got all of the Math I could out of the way as a freshman. Homeschoolers, don't ever try that! Because you forget it by the time you need it and it's frustrating!

I'm trying to think of something constructive I could do without waking everyone up. I thought about laying our karate clothes out, as we're going in for another sparring session with Tim this morning but the laundry room is right next to Mom and Dad's bedroom. I could clean the kitchen, I suppose...I'm too lazy for that though! ~laugh~ I guess I'll try to go find something to do instead of just sitting here staring at the screen....

2 Comments:

Blogger J C said...

we used to call my mom's father "papaw"

i've never ran across anyone else who used that name

he died 3 years ago this past summer - problems with his lungs, as well

he couldn't breathe, couldn't hardly talk at the end

i pray your papaw fares better than mine did

Thu Dec 08, 01:38:00 AM EST  
Blogger no_average_girl said...

j- awwe, so sorry to hear about your papaw and thanks for the prayers. he was just back to the hospital today trying to get more specific answers.

Thu Dec 08, 11:02:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home