Sunday, December 11, 2005

movies, singing, & signing

for those of you who are wondering...The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was great! although some of the characters weren't exactly as i had pictured them in my own little "world," it still made for a grand movie - a movie i had been looking forward to for some time! as the image says...encounter the power

this morning Stacey and i had the opportunity to sing and sign "Breath of Heaven" at a gracious church. no, of course i wasn't the one singing haha for those of you who have ever heard me sing, you would practically beg me not to sing - especially with an audience!

i do like to refer to this song as "Mary's song" as it goes through some of the thoughts Mary had to be thinking...

I have traveled many moonless nights,
Cold and weary with a babe inside,
And I wonder what I've done.
Holy father you have come,
And chosen me now to carry your son.

I am waiting in a silent prayer.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now.
Be with me now.

Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.
Breath of heaven.

Do you wonder as you watch my face,
If a wiser one should have had my place,
But I offer all I am
For the mercy of your plan.
Help me be strong.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome job with the interpretive dance and signing! such a true blessing and gift you have to express your worship through unique sign language and dance. watching your facial expressions along with all the other details that you've worked in, just brings the whole song to life or something.

keep up the good work!

Sun Dec 11, 11:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ryan said...

hey, thanks for the comment on my xanga! i use both xanga and blogger. um, i'm not exactly going through a hard time, but thanks for the encouragment anyway! karate... i've always wanted to do it. that's really cool. God bless!

ryan

Mon Dec 12, 11:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Doug E. said...

great stuff.

Doug

Thu Dec 15, 06:07:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jada's Gigi said...

Awesome song!

Mon Dec 19, 04:41:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home