Monday, February 20, 2006

today & yesterday

well, today hasn't gotten off to a great start with my boss! lol the roads are wet and are said to be freezing under some conditions. so, i call and leave a voicemail on my boss' phone then sit back and wait until opening to call in and make sure he got the voicemail.

i place the call and he tries to argue with me about how the roads aren't freezing. he asks how long, 30 minutes, one hour, two hours? I consider the two hour option! hey, he shouldn't offer it! :-D lol but, i was realistic and said, "30 minutes to an hour."

"you dad going to keep you from leaving that long?" (english is his second language, which he speaks pretty well for a second language!)

thankfully, he's a cook and i won't have to see him too much throughout the day!

other than that....

spent some time with nathan's family ~ his little sister is so cute
went to eat with my aunt and uncle ~ had a blast
my back is lots better!
haven't had medicine for almost 12 hours!
going to try to do karate tonight ~ i hope it'll be alright and allow me to work out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Daisy said...

Hey girl!

I didn't want to go to school this morning, either. Couldn't it have snowed...just a little? Oh well, I filled out the Meme or whatever you call it. Kinda boring compared to yours. Well, I guess its time to play solitaire. :)

Later!

Mon Feb 20, 09:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger Radical One said...

hey girl! even tho we were only the official cheerleaders, it was so much fun. i don't think we would have made it without your support and you keeping us on track of where to be and when to be there!

i'm praying for your back. i know how much you miss working out and just normal life stuff. so often we take our health for granted and fail to realize the blessings of being healthy. little things like this can help put it back into perspective.

thanks for the update!

Mon Feb 20, 10:07:00 AM EST  
Blogger Tracy S said...

yikes ...freezing roads are no fun at all. I use to live in Kentucky so I know that nasty winter weather all to well. Thanks for stopping by my place :) I will head over and check out your moms as well.

Tue Feb 21, 03:19:00 PM EST  
Blogger Nic said...

That's great about your back feeling better! I would ask your boss if he would prefer you alive and late or in the hospital (or worse) and out completely. Sorry about that dearest. Hope today is better for you. :)

Tue Feb 21, 03:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Glad you're feeling fine. I've been off colour as well.

Tue Feb 21, 03:50:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home