Tuesday, January 10, 2006


on saturday, tarah and i had the awesome opportunity to worship Him through interpretive dance and signing - while stacey was our awesome singer and support! faith (my little sister) and savannah (stacey's daughter) both assisted, signing two songs by themselves!

the ministry we have felt called to do is something unique, challenging, yet refreshingly encouraging! it's unique because there are only a few others who worship in this fashion, challenging because it makes you truly seek Him and His Word, and refreshingly encouraging because you see others worship and adore Him as never before!

i've found if i'm to help lead someone to worship, it's a must to keep my relationship with my Savior on track. if i don't, it's very difficult to worship Him with everything within me, and in turn makes it difficult for eager hearts to worship. my head might really be in it, but my heart is to be found elsewhere.

with this relization, it has made me ask myself, are there other priorities of my life (relationships, friendships, jobs, authority figures, etc) that could be much better, but they remain mediocre into because i'm not in line with my first priority? i've seen the direct effect of not being one with Him in my worship, but what other areas are there where our steps are different, or even going opposite?

6 Comments:

Blogger eph2810 said...

Amen to that. Sometimes we forget that attending worship is to honor Him! To bow before His throne. Sometimes I hear people say: "Well, I didn't get anyting out of this service"...I think this is an awesome ministry you have!

Tue Jan 10, 08:16:00 PM EST  
Blogger Paula said...

Wow. I'd love to come and watch you guys. What a beautiful expression of love for our God.

Wed Jan 11, 12:27:00 AM EST  
Blogger Mike Jones said...

You are absolutely right about keeping your heart right when you are doing anything regarding leading others in worship.

I sing quite a bit for church, and every time I do, I sit quietly for a few minutes before the service (or whatever it is) and meditate and pray. I ask God to center my heart on Him, to clear my mind of distractions and worries (which are usually centered around myself and my shortcomings) and to take my performance AS worship for Him.

I find if my heart is in the right place, giving glory to God through whatever it is I'm doing on stage or wherever, God is always faithful and finds a way to use that performance to bless someone or convey something to someone that they needed.

Talents like your's and you friend's are gifts, and it sounds like you are using them for God's greater glory, which is what it's all about.

Keep it up!

I still don't get mushrooms and salsa, though. ;-)

Wed Jan 11, 02:56:00 AM EST  
Blogger V. Shay said...

That's so true Maegan! And that's so cool that you can worship God through interpretive dance. It's something I wish I could try!

Wed Jan 11, 08:38:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Excellently wriitten!

Wed Jan 11, 02:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Star said...

You are absolutely right! I think it's so cool that you are worshipping with interpretive dance. That is awesome! Leading worship (singing) at college, youth group and high school were some of the best times in my life. I miss it so much!

Thu Jan 12, 04:37:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home