Friday, January 06, 2006

ok, so here i go trying to "recover" my letting-it-go post from earlier...



the day started out with my parents leaving to take my grandfather to doctors {for the cancer, asbestosis, and whatever the latest thing they are calling the "fungus" in his lungs}. before too long, i head for work...leaving t to manage the household affairs.

so, i get to work and because my hours have been cut - due to me needing more time at home for family, relaxation, to help with chores, and all that good stuff - and so now i don't work thursdays. anyway, i go in today and it seemed everything needed to be restocked and resupplied. i'm responsible for cutting fruit {for smoothies}, refilling the ground coffees, bringing milk from the walk-in fridge in the back, topping off the tea and smoothie mixes, among other things (obviously!). needless to say, i stayed on my toes plus business was busy for a friday!

oh, before i go on, i think rabenstranger asked if i worked at a starbucks or chain coffee shop...i wouldn't call it a chain store - although we like to say we have better fraps than starbucks! ~wink~

ok, back to the story...i was restocking the supplies and, naturally, the milk needed to be replenished. i notice that one of the milks are different, but i figured my boss had went and bought some milk to hold us over until they could buy the normal gallons. well, one of the cooks come in and he pours a bowl of raisen bran and i hear him say something like, "where's my milk?" it didn't really cross my mind to think anything! well, he goes to the front fridge and grabs the only gallon in there of almost-gone milk..."who used my milk?" oh, i felt so bad! he finally forgave me.......several hours later {thankfully, before he made my lunch! hehe}. i did learn a lesson though, i saw how a gallon of milk and him worried about "4 dollars being down the drain" ruined several precious hours!

well, later on, during the lunch rush there's this guy who brings this exceptionally expensive ticket to my register. well, i ring it up and after i give him the total he's like, "no, i have this 15% off discount coupon!" wow, man, thanks for telling me! so, that ='s a huge overring for my register, which i despise! well, anyway, i grab the calculator to start figuring his total {being the math whiz that i am! ha ha}. "no, that's not the way you do it....." then he proceeds to give me instructions. dude, listen, i've got my method you have yours! this is my job...help noted! how sane it keeps you just to be able to think these sarcastic or smart-aleck comments, you've just got to be careful not to giggle while thinking them!

during all of this, one of my co-workers {how i love her!} asked me if i ever got down or upset. she said i was always in a good mood...how in the world do you respond? i mean, i do have my moments but i try to do damage-control at that point, not to hurt anyone else while i try to get over my bout of being upset. but i don't want to just shrug it off either, you know?

it definitely wasn't the worst day, but it sure wasn't the bestest of days. it's actually one of those i'll probably look back and laugh at in the next couple of weeks! until then, i'll remember it could be worse!

5 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

yep, i agree whole heartedly with berrymom! i would mark it down as even a good day....i know you're saying WHAT?? but under all the pressure (squeezing), you made lemonade. in my opinion, you passed the test!

on the milk issue...have you considered just giving your co-worker 4$ for his milk? i mean i know it was a pure mistake but if a little thing as 4$ can help clear your mind (and it's an action to let him know truly how you feel), then i would definitley consider the offer. just a thought!

Keep your eyes on The Son!

Sat Jan 07, 10:35:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jamie said...

Wow. It sounds like you exercise good self-control. I read on your profile that you practice Karate. So do I! That is really cool. I practice Tang Soo Do, a Korean form of Martial Arts. I also love to shop and I like a lot of the movies and books you like to. What a weird coincidence....anyway, drop me a line. By the way, Berrymom2005 is my mom! HEEHEE

Sat Jan 07, 10:58:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jamie said...

Hi...it would be pretty cool if we could be pen pals or something. I live in GA too. Write on my blog if you want my email address or something. TTYL!

Sat Jan 07, 11:03:00 AM EST  
Blogger Nic said...

Sunshine, I'm sorry that you had "one of those days". Those days just are rotten. Sending you a big cyber hug from here in Texas. Berrymom is right about being watched and judged by others b/c of our Christian faith. You definitely have had a positive witness at your work apparently. Keep up the good work!

Sat Jan 07, 01:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger V. Shay said...

Aw, I'm sorry you had a bad day <3. I have those days too, where everyone at work seems to be out to annoy you? Hope your next day at work is better!

Sat Jan 07, 05:12:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home