Thursday, February 23, 2006

when it hurts

Things change, Plans fail
You look for love on a grander scale
Storms rise, Hopes fade
And you place your bets on another day
When the going gets tough
When the ride's too rough
When you're just not sure enough

(Chorus)
Jesus will still be there
His love will never change
Sure as the steady rain
Jesus will still be there
When no one else is true
He'll still be loving you
When it looks like you've lost it all
And you haven't got a prayer
Jesus will still be there

Time flies, Hearts turn
A little bit wiser from lessons learned
But sometimes, Weakness wins
And you lose your foothold once again
When the going gets tough
When the ride's too rough
When you're just not sure enough

(Repeat Chorus)

When it looks like you've lost it all
And you haven't got a prayer
Jesus will still be there




when it hurts so much that i feel i haven't got a prayer, He'll still be there...

7 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

awwe! precious one! my tears fall for you. but you're so right...just keep knowing when the rides too rough and when you're just not sure enough, He's still there and He will give you answers.

remember, i KNOW you're a princess cos i know who your father is.

keep your eyes on The Son!

Thu Feb 23, 12:44:00 PM EST  
Blogger Star said...

I love that song. I don't know what brought it on, but I hope you are doing alright. I'll be praying for you!! Email me if you need anything.

And yes He is still there...no matter what. And I bet He's waiting to take you in His arms and hold you right now.

You hang in there!

Thu Feb 23, 12:48:00 PM EST  
Blogger Nic said...

On of my favorites when I'm going through a really tough time is from Mercy Me:

Another rainy day
I can't recall having sunshine on my face
All I feel is pain
All I wanna do is walk out of this place
But when I am stuck and I can't move
When I don't know what I should do
When I wonder if I'll ever make it through

I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
Your the one that's keeping my heart beating
I gotta keep singing
I gotta keep praising Your name
That's the only way that I'll find healing

Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
I gotta keep singing

Can I climb up in Your lap
I don't wanna leave
Jesus sing over me
I gotta keep singing

Oh You're everything I need
And I gotta keep singing
==========================
Keep Singing my sweet friend. Jesus will comfort you and is waiting to take your pain (whatever kind it is) and your questions and turn them into what you truly need. Love you darlin'.

Thu Feb 23, 09:19:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mike Jones said...

Amen, girl.

Faith isn't about God making everything go right for us. It's about God giving us tools to deal with life when it goes wrong.

Fri Feb 24, 08:34:00 AM EST  
Blogger Paula said...

Beautiful song. I like that one. Hope you're doing okay. Your sweet comments on my blog always make me smile.

God bless you, sweetheart.

Fri Feb 24, 10:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gordon said...

This is a beautiful song, Meagan. Apparently it must have some special significance for you right now. Whatever need that may be, I pray that our Lord's grace will be with you and strengthen you. Keep the faith, sister!

Fri Feb 24, 11:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Vicki said...

My heart goes out to you, dear friend. Hope you're doing better this weekend. Love ya!

Sat Feb 25, 12:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home