Tuesday, March 07, 2006

a heart after His...

i received this in my inbox this morning from someone who really cares about me, and who was thoughtful and sweet enough to pass it along. this is definitely something the Lord has been working on with me and it hit something within me...i can only hope it helps another...


Few people ever dare to go after God with all of there heart, soul, mind and strength.
I think they know he is worth it.
They know he can do it.
But somehow they don't believe they have what it takes.
The cost to my family,my spouse, my children and my pride are just to much to risk.
This fear of failure keeps the vast majority of churches full and the world still in darkness.
The interesting thing here is this.
It is not failure which keeps us from being and having all God has promised.
It is the fear.
Which causes more anguish?
Being alone or the fear of being alone?
Which causes more heart ache?
Not experiencing love or the fear of never experiencing love?
Which causes more suffering?
Going to hell or the thought that you or someone you care about might?
Which bothers you the most?
Being needed by others or not being needed by others?
The reality is this: "Perfect love cast out all fear."
Therefore, stop for a moment, look at the face of God, look deep into his eyes and notice what he is looking at.
See the peace, the joy, the kind _expression of his love.
Now look at him the same way he is looking at you.
Now feel what you see.
And realize all this time he has been looking at you!
He sees what you see.
Do you see what he sees?
He sees the truth and he believes it.
How about you?
He is having so much fun being him.
Are you having as much fun being you?
Twins, are you not?

8 Comments:

Blogger eph2810 said...

Oi - this is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this :) It gave me a much needed boost for today...
((((hugs))))

Tue Mar 07, 02:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A wonderful post. Your blog is always one worth reading.

Tue Mar 07, 03:29:00 PM EST  
Blogger Kimber said...

Ditto to all the comments already - what an awesome post from a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart!!

Tue Mar 07, 05:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Even if I don't know you, from your posts, I can feel you are a very warm person with a very big heart.

Cheers!

Tue Mar 07, 06:49:00 PM EST  
Blogger Radical One said...

i know choosing to live from your heart isn't the easy path to take, but it's by far the best. sometimes it feels better to ignore our heart, but in the long run i'd rather have life vs being numb and dead.

thanks for all you are and for all which you stand. i'm praying for you and for God's best in your life.

many blessings!

Tue Mar 07, 08:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Vicki said...

This is so powerful to me. It definitely spoke to my heart, something I needed today. You're such a blessing in my life. I'm glad we 'met' via the blogosphere.
Love & hugs & blessings to you and yours!

Wed Mar 08, 03:01:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bill said...

yes you can share my poem. Anything that the Lord gives me and I post can be shared.....you don't need my permission; you already have it.

Wed Mar 08, 03:35:00 PM EST  
Blogger Crystal said...

Wow girl...you got some major guts for God! Yeah, God just gave me that quote. What it means to me is that it takes a lot of guts to stand up and proclaim to this world how great our God is! The world fails to realize this. He is REAL. And I will take a stand to tell this world how real and how great and how mighty our God is!!!

Wed Mar 08, 06:12:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home