Sunday, February 26, 2006

silence


Are you listening
To anything that I say
'Cause I been praying
How many prayers can I pray
I'm still waiting
Maybe You'll show up today

I know You're here, but I can't feel You
And if You're speaking, I can't hear You
How much longer will this last

(Chorus)
So okay Answer me with silence
It's okay if You don't say a word
You're testing me to trust You'll be faithful in this quiet
So okay
Answer me
With silence

Why do I question
Your intentions for me
When Your affection
Is a proven legacy

Oh Father, Father
Turn my fears into peace
I know Your love will never leave
I know You want what's best for me

You're testing me to trust You'll be faithful in this quiet

Oh, it's okay
If You answer me with silence
And it's okay if You don't say a word
You're testing me to trust You'll be faithful in this quiet
So okay
Answer me
With silence

6 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great words, there!

Sun Feb 26, 12:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger Nic said...

Oh, hon, sometimes the hardest to endure is the silence from God, when it seems like there's no clear answer and you've been praying and searching the Scriptures for an answer and there doesn't seem to be one on the horizon...

What I've personally learned in these silences is that God is teaching us to lean on His understanding and not our own, to trust Him even though we're not certain, to be patient. It's a hard one to do but when you're at the waiting stage...there ain't no better time to get to know God better. ;)

Have a beautiful day my friend!

Oh, I was going to invite you to join my Frappr but I didn't have your email so if you want to you can go to my blog and just click the link on the Frappr Map that says "Add Yourself" and you can do it from there. I know so many people are leery about giving others their email addys, and that's safe and wise for a youngin' like yourself. :)

Sun Feb 26, 03:57:00 PM EST  
Blogger Heather Ivester said...

I just wanted to stop and say hi. Looks like we're both John Eldridge fans and live in Georgia! I've never heard of the Georgia Christian Bloggers ring -- sounds interesting. I know a blogger named Paul who has an encouraging blog called Hill Country Thoughts that is inspiring.

Happy reading!

Sun Feb 26, 04:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gordon said...

Meagan, there are times when we simply cannot see the hand of God, or hear His voice. It is in those times that we must trust His heart, knowing that He loves us unconditionally.

He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Mon Feb 27, 02:06:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That applies perfectly to a post I'm mulling over... Did you write that? If not, who did? I want to properly attribute it if I use it... Thanks!

Thu Mar 02, 09:05:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - Now I know! Joy Williams... Google is a wonderful thing! Still I've never heard the song so thanks for posting it. If I use it I'll make sure to give you the hat tip you deserve! *grin*

Thu Mar 02, 09:08:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home