Friday, March 17, 2006

staying on "go"....



last night, my cousin haley came to stay with us to help me bake today. we're trying to keep the family (meme especially, as she won't leave papaw's side to eat or rest) food to eat while at the hospital. while doing all of this, we're staying on go incase they call from the hospital telling us to rush in.

i'm so thankful for last night... when we went back to the hospital, he was feeling so much better! he was actually sitting up and carrying on conversations, yes a little slower and with a little more pain than he used to, but he wasn't just laying there asking for medicine. he drank cranberry juice, then i grabbed a bottle of ensure with a straw and poked it through his mask! he then drank half of it! as i was leaving, i said, "papaw, are you sure you don't want any more ensure?" he rubbed his belly, "no, i'm full!" we all started laughing and he smiled! we also had time to joke around, dad and papaw talked about the selling of his boat - the one that was pictured a few posts back. they talked about what needed to be done before selling it and the price. they did talk about memories of fishing with papaw. one story was when my dad was little and caught two small fish and asked papaw, "hey, dad, is this enough for a mess?" "yes, son, catch two more and we'll put them in the bottom of the boat and stomp on them!" lol how precious memories are!

if only each night could end as that one. unfortunately, we're getting so many conflicting reports on how long we do have. one doctor says a few weeks, the other said last night. only He knows.

you, my dear friends, are so wonderful and so encouraging! i can't imagine trying to go through this without you guys! if you get a chance, please go over to my cousin stephi's site and leave a few encouraging words. i know she hasn't posted in a while, but she'll be back on and i'd love to know she's smiling when she does log in! my cousin josh also has a blog you could visit, too. we all need as many prayers and encouragement as we can get right now! you guys are just awesome! :-)

thanks to ryan for sharing this wonderful song with me...it's a reminder for me to allow God to be near...

You are all
Big and small
Beautiful
And wonderful
To trust in grace through faith
But I'm asking to taste

For dark is light to You
Depths are height to You
Far is near
But Lord, I need to hear from You

Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good
Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good, our good

Your fullness is mine
Revelation divine
But oh, to taste
To know much more than a page
To feel Your embrace

For dark is light to You
The depths are height to You
Far is near, but Lord
I need to hear from You

Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good
Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good, our good

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

What a precious moment you had at the hospital last night! Treasure it in your heart. And go easy on the ensure, girl - you want to save some for your PawPaw. ;-D

Fri Mar 17, 01:11:00 PM EST  
Blogger Vicki said...

Oh, how I wish I could make him all better. {{{hugs}} Thank you for encouraging my heart with your comments lately--even though you're going this with your family. When I lost my parents to cancer, it was so hard to watch, and I'm still partly grieving those losses. Family is such a precious gift. I pray the Lord will comfort your Pawpaw.

You are precious to me. Just wanted you to know the Lord is lifting my spirits.

Fri Mar 17, 01:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bill said...

I know that this is a tough situation. Is there anything that I can do? Just ask.

Fri Mar 17, 02:20:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home