Tuesday, March 14, 2006

my dear blogging brother and sisters, thank you so much for your prayers and comments (or tiaras :-)! i can't express what it means to have you in prayer behind me and my family.

as of right now, things seem to keep going back and forth. he has been moved out of icu into his own room, which is an answer to prayer. we're thinking he'll be able to go home soon, but taking one day at a time. doctors seem to be in disagreement over the cause of the low blood pressure and what's causing his breathing to be difficult, but his blood pressure is pretty normal now and his breathing seems to be getting somewhat better. just continue praying for wisdom to make decisions for my dad, uncle marty, aunt kim, and grandmother...and for clear communication from the doctors.

i'm going to see him today. i went to pick up faith from there yesterday and saw meme (my grandmother) as she was walking back in. "are you coming back?" she asked. i'm sure she's wanting visitors as much as papaw. so, i thought i could take a little while to go sit with them.

i also am going to put in an application at a hotel for the front desk...i had mentioned the job situation to one of my black belt instructors. i knew he managed a hotel, but i hadn't even thought of putting in an application there. well, when he heard i didn't have any immediate plans he mentioned he had some positions for part-time open and said to put in an application. this would be working with people, and i'd still get to laugh at the crazy ones! :-D so, i thought i'd go in today and do put one in while i was out running around. please pray that if this is right, that the hours and everything would work out smoothly.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so glad he is out of ICU. That is a positive step. Give your grandparents a hug for me.
It must be a scary and overwhelming experience. The reality that a relationship is in it's final chapters (even in the healthy times) must be a bitter sweet time for them.

Let us know about the job. How fun that could be!

Tue Mar 14, 01:24:00 PM EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your papwa, it's not easy to see loved ones in a weakened condition.

The job sounds cool, I always enjoyed working in hotels - I like the people interaction part. You'll find favor...

Tue Mar 14, 01:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good wishes for your papaw.

The hotel job sounds a fascinating one. You should do well.

Tue Mar 14, 03:16:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be emailing soon. Sorry I haven't for a while. I've been, um, (well I guess I already said this on your mom's site) got work piled up over my head... but I also sprained my knee last week while I was playing volleyball at church. Umm...anyway... =) I'll email soon. Ttyl!
-Andrew

Tue Mar 14, 04:20:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gordon said...

Glad to hear of the improvement in your grandfather's condition. Our prayers are with all of you for his healing and your peace.

Hope things work out with the job application.

Tue Mar 14, 04:46:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Mae!

I will be praying for you and your family and your grandfather. I know this is tough. Treasure each moment.

Tue Mar 14, 07:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm glad to here that he's doing better.

Wed Mar 15, 02:02:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home