Friday, March 10, 2006

i dedicate this heart to You

as i've been learning to follow my heart, to live more by my heart instead of out of duty to myself, to others, or even out of duty to God learning to live by the desires He's placed within me. not to say i'm throwing it all out, but i've had to do some "re-arranging" you could say! lol

i've been learning He places within each of us our own unique desires - some are prayer warriors and enjoy praying, others love to study His word, yet others would rather work one-on-one with people - they all have their places and we all need to have a little of each, but for His purposes He's given stronger desires to each person. i know one of mine is for our sign language/interpretive dance team, praise in motion. we have lots of songs on itunes (yes, we're mac people!) and i felt an urge to do a search for "heart." well, i saw this song and while i wasn't familiar with it, i looked up the lyrics and the choreography came without much thought - it was given to me - probably the first i've "completed" in 10 minutes or less!

while dealing with my heart and trying to discern what it wants (not out of duty, rules, what others think, etc.), i'm also learning patience. if He's given me my desires, He will either fulfill them or they become a "death" and it does take time to mourn - which takes lots of time and love. regardless of the outcome, He has been calling me to follow those desires. i am resting in His promise:

Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.


here are the lyrics....

I wanna give back something
For all you've given me
Your love is such a Blessing
I just can't belive
How everything is changing
You've set my life's emotions
I want you to somehow see the depth of my devotions

Chorus

I dedicate this heart to you
for now and for my whole life through
I dedicate this heart to loving You
Lord from the deepest part of me
im gonna make this clear you see
I dedicate this heart to loving you
I dedicate this heart to you

I wanna live to serve you
love you as you love me
i wanna let your light burn
always shining faithfully
i hope to make it obvious
no way to forget it
let every day be evindence
im totally commited

CHORUS

bridge-

i give you my life completely
Ill answer the way you lead me
ill trust you rain or shine
until the end of time

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

This is totaly off the subject of this post but I was wondering what you ment when you posted "hehe...you're not blonde, are you my dear friend?" on my blog. Since you hadn't replied yet I was just wondering.

Fri Mar 10, 04:55:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mike Jones said...

God does give each of us distinct spiritual gifts. We are also born with distinct talents. I'm absolutely certain God wants us to use the talent He gave us at birth in conjunction with the spritiual gifts He imparts later.

Figure out what it is you are passionate about - what aspects of your spiritual life make your heart sing and what curls your toes with joy. Do something with that passion that glorifies God, and I'm pretty certain you will find yourself smack in the middle of God's plan.

Some people LIKE working with the homeless. Some people LIKE cold-witnessing or talking to strangers. Some people LIKE taking care of kids or teaching little ones. Some people LIKE missions, or choir, or, like you, interpretive dance and reaching the deaf.

A wise man was once asked what's the best advice a dad can give his children on what to do with their lives to make them happy. The wise man (or maybe he was a wiseguy) said, find out what your kids like, and tell them to go do that.

So.... go do that.;-)

Fri Mar 10, 06:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The heart is such a complex part. It regulates our deepest emotions.

Sat Mar 11, 08:27:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home