Friday, March 31, 2006

things have been a little crazy today, lol - after all, what's to define "normal"? anyway, my great-grandmother (yes, great-grandmother who's 87) had to have some tests run at the hospital...so once again we've spent another morning there. evidently they wanted to run these tests because she - get this! - doesn't have as much energy as she used to! and her blood count was low, so they "want to know where it's going."

they were thinking cancer, tumor, etc. but wanted to run these tests to find out for sure. thankfully, she came out as healthy as she went in! it wasn't anymore of the "goodbye, i'll see you tomorrow" scenarios!

as far as uncle dee, he seems to be a miracle man. the doctors, nurses, aunt loretta, and the rest of us thought he was on his deathbed (and to see a man as sick as he was, you would have felt so, too...trust me, i saw a lot more than i wanted), but apparently he's a fighter and there is finally talk of getting him out of icu and into a room over this weekend. God's not finished with him yet. please be praying he'll use whatever time he has left to get right with God and serve Him, no one knows how long they have - they can only prepare for when the time comes.

tonight at around 7:00 marks two weeks since pawpaw's home-going. i still catch myself wanting to go to "meme's and pawpaw's" and wanting to see him in his green recliner or on the porch swing enjoying his beautiful garden. i can only imagine him in heaven in a marvelous garden, perfected flowers, and the juiciest tomatoes! how grand it must be for him to be able to walk among it all without having to stop for breath!

with that, i guess i'll head out to karate. there's talk of going to another tournament tomorrow - as it will be the last one for quite a few weeks, or so they say! hope all of you have the bestest weekend, with the nicest weather, with smiles to last a lifetime! :-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Oh sweetie, he's probably skipping through the shasta daisies and running through the roses! Both he and my daddy. I think of the misery my dad was in here on earth and rejoice for the peace he has up there. I can't wait to see him when we are called home!

Fri Mar 31, 04:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger Emily said...

Good luck at the karate tournament.

Fri Mar 31, 07:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Luke said...

Put on that make-up and go get 'em. *grin* I love that.

Fri Mar 31, 11:57:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. I will and I hope you have a delightful weekend as well. It is my spring break and I am writing papers. Woo hoo! Then I fly home on Monday - even better!

Sat Apr 01, 12:14:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's great news to hear. Wishing you all the best in the karate tournament. I'll be rooting for you, even in England.

Sat Apr 01, 05:05:00 AM EST  
Blogger eph2810 said...

I will keep parying for your uncle to open his heart to the Holy Spirit.
I am sure what you will miss your pawpaw for quite a while. Just remember that you too will one day gaze with him over the garden in heaven.
I hope you have fun on your tournament :)

Sun Apr 02, 11:08:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home