Thursday, March 23, 2006

uncle dee is on life support...the doctors say it's a 50/50 chance he'll recover. he has fluid in his lungs, which they are having to pump out. and it was so hard to see him in there tonight. they did have him sedated, but his blood pressure plummeted into the 50's, so they had to take him off that medication. he then woke up and started fighting the machine, which would then make the respirator irregular because he was breathing and the machine was breathing. just pray God will do His work in his heart and complete what He began.

my dear friends, i'm so thankful and grateful for what you guys have done. i pray one day soon i'll be able to resume my "regular" posts of just life and living to the best, not that i'm unthankful, but that i would like things to be different although life's too short to waste this time being ungrateful...God has given me a special gift of today, even if it is to be a blessing to and being there for others. who am i to throw away such a precious, delicate gift?

11 Comments:

Blogger eph2810 said...

Yikes - I am sorry to hear that your uncle is not doing well...You are in my prayers.

Thu Mar 23, 08:37:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending out love and prayers to you, sweetie...

Thu Mar 23, 08:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger Gordon said...

Prayers are still with you and your family.

Thu Mar 23, 09:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Daniel R. Hocker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Mar 23, 11:33:00 PM EST  
Blogger Daniel R. Hocker said...

Your Uncle Dee, or Walt as I know him, is a real fighter. In fact I think I heard today that he is a veteran. I want to encourage you to stay filled with hope. Most of all we are full of hope because of some of the things he has said since last Friday night. One of those special comments was his statement, "If God wants me, He can have me." It's not just what he was saying, but how he said it, that fills us with hope. He spoke those words as a man without fear. Sure, there is anxiety, but that is so different from fear. The other comment he made was Monday night when he responded to your Dad saying, "I love God with all of my heart!" Hey, these comments fill me with hope. We have confidence that Uncle Dee loves you and your family, and that he has the kind of fighting spirit to hang on to life for those he loves. Still Even more, no matter what happens in this life, we have the hope of eternal life. Hold fast to Hope!

Thu Mar 23, 11:39:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are again going through a rollercoaster of emotion. Hang on tight. We are here to help you through it. More importantly, God is holding you and carrying you!

My prayers are with you.

Fri Mar 24, 01:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Susanna said...

Know that the judge of all the earth will do well.....he knows just where your uncle is.
With love and prayers

Susanna

Fri Mar 24, 01:25:00 PM EST  
Blogger Stacey said...

Just a reminder that you and your family are being lifted up in prayers today. I'm so sorry to hear about the hard times you've been going through. Rest in God, he will take care of you!

Fri Mar 24, 01:58:00 PM EST  
Blogger Erin said...

I'm praying for you and your uncle!

Blessings,
Erin

Fri Mar 24, 02:06:00 PM EST  
Blogger Luke said...

Your attitude through this is a testimony to our Savior. May it all serve to His purposes.

Directions to Bluffton, IN *smile* In case you need a vacation.

Fri Mar 24, 03:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Star said...

I'm saddened to hear how much of a rough time you and your family are having lately. You are all going through a lot of trials, and all I know is that God IS with you all right now and I pray you all feel His presence and rest in the peace and the hope we have in Him. I really hope your uncle's health will improve. I'm trusting that it's all in God's control, and He is at work!

Hang in their sweet friend.

All my love and prayers,

Star

Fri Mar 24, 09:31:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home