Saturday, March 18, 2006

sleep finally overtook last night
thankfully, dad slept good enough
as did meme...she looked great considering it all!
final arrangements are made
now to finish baking "papaw's poppy seed" muffins for the refreshments
i remember taking one to him last sunday morning in icu
he was already working on it before i left!
oh, how i wish he could have one now.....


She sits by the window with wandering eyes
She has a song in her heart
And a golden disguise
Her body is torn because age doesn’t heal
She’s not letting on
About the pain that she feels
But she knows in her soul
That it won’t be too long
’til jesus comes back
To carry her home...


Where there will be no more pain
No more sorrow
No more waiting
For illusive tomorrows
There will be no more pain
No more dying
No more striving or strain
No more pain


My mind’s eye remembers the trouble I’ve seen
All I have been through,
And how I long to be free
But I learn by her patience that I need her resolve
To wait for the opening of eternity’s halls
And I know that in time we will stand side by side
When jesus comes back receiving his bride

7 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

When I opened your blog, I just don't know but I felt something was not right. The first thing I saw was a black strip. Then your whole blog opened and read your message. It was a very sad poem and it really pricked my heart.
I know how it is to lose someone who is very dear and close to our hearts especially when this person is so good. But let us just think that he is in a better place with no pain, no sufferings, a place of eternal happiness.

Sat Mar 18, 07:31:00 PM EST  
Blogger Viamarie said...

The more you talk about your papaw and the beautiful memories you had with him, the faster you are relieved of the pain. This is called the ministry of remembering.

I went through the same pain 4 years ago and I can say I still feel the loss but sadness and pain has been replaced by joy since I know my dad has been watching and taking care of us since then.

Take Care & God Bless.

Sat Mar 18, 09:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger eph2810 said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers - sweet one.
(((hugs)))

Sun Mar 19, 10:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger Andrew said...

I lost my Grandfather about three or four years back to Lukemia (not sure how to spell that, though I should). I remember the late nights, the family, and not being allowed to see him because they didn't allow kids in the icu. It is a weird thing. I still think about him a lot. I know exactly what you are going through because I have gone through the same thing. You are in my prayers.

Sun Mar 19, 05:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger Tracy S said...

Keeping you and your family in my prayers...

Lord be thier comfort and peace...

* hugs *

Sun Mar 19, 08:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Mike Jones said...

Praying for you and your family, kiddo. Everyone else has said everything far better than I could ever repeat it.

God Bless you and your family during this time, and may His spirit be on you all.

Sun Mar 19, 11:47:00 PM EST  
Blogger Paula said...

Dear One,
I've been so closed up in my own little world that I had no idea you were walking through such pain. I'm sorry for the hurt you feel.

Father,
Take this precious daughter and her family into your arms. Please hold them close to your heart and whisper the depth of your love. Help them cry and let them experience the cleansing of tears, but also whisper the delights which your son is experiencing that their hearts may be lightened. Take good care of your children, Lord. Be near them. Tangible. Close. A scented breeze of comfort and peace.

Mon Mar 20, 12:33:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home