Sunday, April 09, 2006

Be Praying!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Maegan's Grandmother on her mom's side had her husband pass away of heart attack last night. They had all spent some time with him just a few hours before his death, and he had seemed to be perfectly fine. He had went to work at like four in the morning, and was at work when he had the attack. This is a huge shock to them and I ask for your prayers and support during these times of her and her families life. As you all know they now have lost two people who where very close and family. Although He was not blood kin to them he has been like a gradfather to them for many years, and was a fun person who was always making you smile. I knew him well and know He loved the Lord, and now he is in the presence of our Father God... This is Josh a close friend, and she wanted her friends to know. I ask for your prayers and support of Maegan and her family as they go through all this. They are woderful people who I care for very much. Please pray!! Thank you all for your support in these times!



thanks, bro! i can't believe we're doing this all over again...it's been almost like deja-vu at the hospital - same "quiet" room where we dealt with papaw's death. leaving someone behind when you walked out those doors. same horrible feeling. this time was different, no goodbyes, just instantly taken from you. this is the last of my gradfathers...i claim three. my grandfather (who died in '93), my papaw (who died three weeks ago), and now my papa hoyt.

my grandmother is in a state of stock - as we all are. trying to figure out how to handle it. how to take care of the things left behind.

it was sudden, so sudden. my grandmother called at 6 a.m. saying a lady from his work at called and said he was having seizures and they were taking to him to the hospital. my great-grandmother (who's been having lots of tests run, and isn't doing so well herself) has been staying with granny duh and papa hoyt for a little while now, and granny duh needed someone to stay with memeow. mom and i went with granny duh to the hospital while dad, faith, and tarah stayed with memeow.

when we got there, they said they were going to get us to a quiet room - from being there three weeks ago, i knew exactly what was meant by a "quiet room." it's the chapel, where you find out the worst news possible.

evidently, he died instantly. they tried for 30-45 minutes to restart his heart and get him breathing, but they said he never responded. the lady he was going in to relieve was still there and she said he didn't feel well, he said he was dizzy and sat down. then everything happened.

here's our family again...what feels like square one. thankfully, He will not put on us more than we can bare. He must think we're stronger than we feel, for it seems so difficult, so hard.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying...

Sun Apr 09, 11:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Matt said...

That is so sad. At least you know that you'll see him again some day.

May God comfort and give peace to you, your family and your grandmother.

Mon Apr 10, 01:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such heart-breaking news. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Mon Apr 10, 08:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

Maegan,

My hurt hurts so much for all of you. My heart completely broke as I could feel Russell's brokeness on the phone last night. I know it's that hurt that is facing all of you. It's so hard when we lose someone we love so much....and it's even harder when that happens unexpectedly (I can remember with my dad). You have all been through so much already. Hold on to Jesus, because it is only Him who has the strength and comfort that you all need right now. I pray you all would feel Him ever close to you in a very special way. He knows your pain, and He knows exactly how to comfort you as you run into His arms. He will carry you all. I'm praying for all of you. I love you. Hang in there!!

Mon Apr 10, 09:30:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Maegan -
I am so soo sorry, sweetheart.
I lost my grandpa when I was in 5th grade due to a heart attack. Three weeks later my uncle died in a plane crash. I know it can seem unbelievable to have tragedy happen so soon one heaped upon another. But one day you will find the pain ease in your heart and you will be able to laugh and smile again.
I am blessed to have one grandpa still alive. He is 87 though. I'm thankful each day he's with us - but I don't get to see him much. He lives 9 hours away.
I'm here for ya.

Mon Apr 10, 11:14:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

Maegan: My heart sorrows with you. My mind went to Job 9:7-14

7 If he commands it, the sun won't rise and the stars won't shine. 8 He alone has spread out the heavens and marches on the waves of the sea. 9 He made all the stars – the Bear, Orion, the Pleiades, and the constellations of the southern sky. 10 His great works are too marvelous to understand. He performs miracles without number. 11 "Yet when he comes near, I cannot see him. When he moves on, I do not see him go. 12 If he sends death to snatch someone away, who can stop him? Who dares to ask him, 'What are you doing?' 13 And God does not restrain his anger. The mightiest forces against him are crushed beneath his feet. 14 "And who am I, that I should try to answer God or even reason with him?

Sometimes the hardest calling we have as Christians is to just accept all of God's dealings with us as good and praise Him, believing in our hearts that it's for our good. For our God loves us more than we can ever ever ever comprehend.

Mon Apr 10, 12:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

I'm so sorry Meagan. A good friend of mine went through 2 deaths in a few weeks too. It is a very hard thing to deal with but you seem like a very strong family. Thank you Josh for being such a great friend to this precious family in their time of need. You are in our prayers.

Mon Apr 10, 01:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

My prayers go out there.

Mon Apr 10, 02:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Susanna said...

Oh Maegan!
I am so so sorry for all that is happening to you and your family right now.Sometimes we just cannot know why things happen or why God allows us to go through so much. It is a comfort to know that your family love the Lord and that you have that comfort but it must be tough!
Just remember that those everlasting arms are under you and yours and that the Lord will not let you go.
Hugsxxxxxxxxxxx

Mon Apr 10, 02:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Meagan. May God's grace sustain you and your family.

Mon Apr 10, 03:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

Oh my sweet young friend. My heart aches for your sorrow. May God hold y'all in the palm of his hand and may you feel his comforting presence like a warm embrace. Love you dear M.

Mon Apr 10, 05:44:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet One - I am so sorry to hear that you had another loss in the family. Praying for you and yours...Oh, I don't know what to say...
(((hugs)))

Tue Apr 11, 02:49:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home