Thursday, April 06, 2006

something to think and pray about...

as most of you know, karate has become an important part of my week. my family enjoys it very much, as well, but i seem to just have "connected" there - i guess it doesn't have to do with the fact i'm a social butterfly or anything! lol

well, one of my instructors approached me with an idea. to give a brief history, this instructor and i have built a friendship over the time i've been at karate. he's got me into helping teach his kids classes, something i would've never attempted without some pushing and prodding. and i've been enjoying it very much.

anyway, he called me after he left the studio last night and said they were needing a teacher for a kids class, and he had seen how i enjoyed working with the kids, so my name was the first to come up. he wanted me to take some time to think and pray about it before answering, but wanted me to seriously consider it.

the class is three times a week, 45 minutes to an hour per class. on two nights it does interfere with my class, but he said we could move the times around a bit.

i've got other instructors encouraging me to accept it. i just want to be sure i'm ready and can be committed as i'd like to be - because if i do something, it's with all my heart!

oh, and why you're praying please just say a little prayer for dear iris (otherwise known as eph2810). she's got a lot on her plate that she's dealing with. and remember crystal as she's looking for a job, as well. you can read about her last job experience here.

in other news...i spent this morning with meme, my grandmother, running around. she had to get pawpaw's will probated, turn something into the newspaper, and got the info for what she'd need to get the land and his truck in her name. then, i went to karate (hard class! lol) before rushing home to work on some songs for our praise in motion group. then went to meme's house to learn how to make her signature peanut-butter oatmeal candy! mmmmm, it's so good!

anyway, now it's close to bedtime ~yawn~ i got up way too early for the night hours i keep!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a doll! Please God, let my Curly Girl grow up to be like this blogging friend. I want to thank you for your constant companionship! I can't believe you weren't already on my blogroll, but you are now. I will pray for your blogging friends and your job opportunity.

Thu Apr 06, 11:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are prayed up along with Iris and Crystal. You ARE no average girl, you are special!

Fri Apr 07, 07:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

That is great! Not many people get to work at something they love to do. I hope it works out with your schedule. I'd enroll my girls in your class if you were here. :)

Fri Apr 07, 11:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The children would be very lucky if they had you to teach them.

Fri Apr 07, 02:52:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home