Friday, April 07, 2006

my 1st friday's feast...

Appetizer
Name a trait you share with your parents or your children.


wow, i share lots. but among my top 5 list is being "real" with people.

Soup
List 3 qualities of a good leader, in your opinion.


1. honesty
2. caring/gentle
3. non-passive (not agressive either, a balace in the middle)

Salad
Who is your favorite television chef?


i learn to cook from little cards or notebook paper filled with recipes! lol

Main Course
Share a story about a gift you received from someone you love.


the first "gift" i remember receiving was when i was about two years old and i was in the hospital (my only stay in the hospital...knock on wood!). i had to stay in a little "tent" because my bronchitis was acting up and giving me bad asthma (among other things, i'm sure). my parents had little money back then, but i remember being so bored in there. mom was always there with me, having left my baby sister (almost a newborn) with my grandmother. dad would come straight in from a long day's work and check on me. i remember this one time especially when he walked in with a few toys - how my bored heart jumped with joy! he had been to the dollar store and had cared enough to spend a little money for my delight! not only did he just buy me a few dollar games - which made me feel like a princess - he also sat down and played with me. i particularly remember a fish game, you know the kind where you have to catch them when their mouth is open and a magnet goes in? we played that game over and over!

Dessert
How do you react under pressure?


umm.....unfortunately, i react.

10 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

ooohhh, yea i remember that little fish game. it was one of the only things that brought a spark to your eye.

your dad has always been one of the best to be able to find some way to bring joy to you, even during the tough times.

hope you have a wonderful weekend.

blessings!

Fri Apr 07, 05:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Just Nancy said...

Very nice Friday Feast and what a wonderful story about your dad.

My feast is up too.

Fri Apr 07, 05:26:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - what wonderful answers you had on your first Friday feast. I am sorry I missed that one...
Thank you for your prayers and support...
(((hugs)))

Sat Apr 08, 01:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

How do I react under pressure?....panic!!

Sat Apr 08, 05:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was fun!! :)

Sat Apr 08, 11:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

I hope your dad can read that. It would bring joy to his heart to know that he made a special memory with you. Parents try so hard and we get so hard on ourselves when we mess up and blow it. Sometimes we just need to hear the good things too. :)

Sat Apr 08, 01:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger .:*Liss*:. said...

Thats cool! :D

Sat Apr 08, 01:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger .:*Liss*:. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Apr 08, 01:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

It's may sound strange, but I perform better under pressure.

A very heartwarming story of your dad.
You must be very proud to have him as a parent.

Cheers!

Sun Apr 09, 07:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted everyone who visits Mae's site to know her Grandmother on her Mom's side had her Husband pass away last night of a heart attack. Although he was not their blood grandfather He has been like one, and has been in their family for many years now! They were very close to Him so lift them up in prayers and by letting them know in comments. Mae Just know I am here call anytime love ya Sis! God be with you and give all your family strength! JJ

Sun Apr 09, 11:47:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home