Saturday, January 21, 2006

trusting Him

it feels like it's been for-ev-er since i've posted...i guess i've been running around like crazy, between working and karate! good news is, mom's said she's seen a major difference in my fighting (or sparring) since the last time she watched me! that totally made my week! :-) it makes all of that work completely worth it! so, i continue to push on towards my goal. meanwhile....

i hopped over to check out ryan's blog and discovered something i had been needing to hear. on his post, "late-night ramblings. (almost typed lattes instead of late accidentally)" i realized that trusting is not something i've been doing a whole lot of lately. the paragraph that really got to me was...

I've been thinking a lot lately. Quite possibly too much, if that's possible. Anyway, I've been thinking how ironic it is that so many people (I'm preaching at myself here) can have a hard time trusting God for things. What really gets to me at times is seeing almost everyone around me getting a serious boyfriend/girlfriend, getting engaged, or getting married. Sometimes I just have to keep telling myself that God knows better than I do and that there's something I'm supposed to be learning from whatever situation I'm in. Trust... it seems so simple, but why is it sometimes the hardest thing to do? I mean, God actually made us, but we have so much trouble with "letting" Him have control of our lives, and wondering if he really knows what He's doing. Which is, when you think about it like that, so ludicrous that it's almost hysterically funny.

amazing! i'm not sure i could have wrote my feelings better myself! while in my head, i know that i know i should trust Him, my heart seems slow to get in line with my head! my heart wants to "rush" things - and, as i commented to ryan, i've cut myself short. while i don't "date" guys, i do have many guy friends...obviously, some closer than others. even though we're only friends, i've realized i should still be "choosy" about who i hang around. please don't think i'm trying to bash anyone, i'm not at all. it's just that people have different standards, different issues they feel stronger about. i'm saying i should choose to hang out more with guys (and girls) who hold the same values as i do. does any of this make any sense? or am i just rambling now? lol

well, with that, i'll head to savannah's birthday party...over and out!

8 Comments:

Blogger V. Shay said...

I think everyone struggles with trusting God. For me, I am afraid of losing everything I have, instead of just trusting God that he will protect me, and that even if I do lose some thing important to me, it will be okay, because it will be within his will. But I struggle soooo much with that. It seems like the more you have, the more terrified you are of losing it.

Sat Jan 21, 05:53:00 PM EST  
Blogger Nic said...

M, I sure wish I would have been more choosy about who my friends were when I was your age, but i was jut really starting to rev up in my rebellion, running from God stage and unfortunately made some pretty bad decisions due to the thigns that some of my "friends" were doing. You're smart to realize that you need to have your close friends be those that have your values, but don't forget that, as Christians, we are not called to only be friends with other Christians. Jesus befriended the worst of His day, the tax collectors and prostitutes and lepers. But when He did so, He never lowered Himself to their level. Remember to do the same. Be the salt and the light to those around you, to your non-Christian friends. You're a cool girl. Glad to know you!

Sat Jan 21, 11:32:00 PM EST  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Have a good time at the party.

Sun Jan 22, 09:19:00 AM EST  
Blogger Ryan said...

haha no, it makes perfect sense!

Sun Jan 22, 11:42:00 AM EST  
Blogger cs said...

Yeah, trusting in God can be so hard. Satan would have us do anything but Trust Him. Our flesh is so weak and it often leads us the wrong way. Every Christian does struggle with trusting Him. I sometimes feel like I wrestle with Him. And why do we do it. I love the book of Habakkuk. It's got a lot about trust and the Sovereignty of God in it. So many times we stand up to God and say, "what in the world are you doing?!" And He just kind of ignores us only to point out the bigger picture. That's what He does in Habakkuk. Something that has been so important to me when it comes to trusting in Christ, has been realizing how helpless I truly am. We can't do anything apart from Christ. He says, "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." John 15:5. I love it. We can do nothing apart from Him. So who should we trust in! Christ and Christ alone...

Sun Jan 22, 01:00:00 PM EST  
Blogger Ryan said...

ok cool! im actually a web programmer (among other things :P ), so i had my own template with links in the sidebar at one time, but i changed templates which got rid of all of them. hehe. i should add them again...

Sun Jan 22, 02:03:00 PM EST  
Blogger Radical One said...

hey girl! i can't believe you didn't start karate earlier cos you just do so well at it. i mean i was only away for a couple of weeks or so and it's amazing to see how much you're progressing. but after all, when you put your mind to anything you always give 110% and make it happen.

seriously, i am so proud of you in every way. i know being the oldest puts added pressure to always do the perfect things, the perfect way. i wish i could remove that pressure, but God chose you to be the oldest, so He knew that you were the one for the job. and, i must say you do a most wonderful at it. you are such a great example. but please know that God doesn't expect perfection and neither do I. so lighten up on yourself, sweet one. i couldn't ask for anything more in a daughter!

thanks for being who you are!

Sun Jan 22, 08:50:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Corbin's good friend. I used to do Nihon Goshin Aikido for four years (you seem to really enjoy martial arts).

Anyway, I enjoyed your blog - it just reminds me of how we should be more dependent on the all powerful God of the universe. The words of Ryan rang so true - it is hysterical. We don't trust the Being who controls the entire universe. He alone is trustworthy. Our pastor actually preached on this today and how we as Christians many times have a certain area of our life that we hold onto. As we are getting baptized, we hold whatever it is above the water (an illustration he used). Well, knowing how messed up I am and all my friends and family are, I should run to God for comfort and hope and love and happiness and all the other good blessings and rewards He freely gives in Christ.

Mon Jan 23, 12:16:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home