Tuesday, April 11, 2006



well, we're home now...all of the services and arrangements are now complete and i sit in utter shock. this feels like the worst 3 week period in my life. i've lost the only two grandfathers i really knew. poor little faith has lost both of her grandfathers, who did so much with her and taught her so much, in three weeks. that has got to be such a compressing feeling in her little heart. she'll be sitting and just start tearing up. we'd be going through some of papa hoyt's belongings (trying to find documents we'll need, etc.), and she couldn't do anything but cry.

you can see the evidence in his expecations to return...his bed unmade, notes about a television program coming on sunday evening (he died that morning), projects started. everywhere, you see him.

oh, how can this be real? how can it be? i'm amazed myself, but not once have i asked why? maybe i'm too stunned. i don't believe this. i just don't believe it...

as we sat at his and granny duh's house after the funeral, i just kept waiting on papa hoyt to walk in and ask why's everyone at his house. to walk in, see the long faces and tear-stained faces and crack a joke or two!

thankfully my grandmother has been staying with us since sunday. and i asked if she wanted someone to sleep with her (she was in my bed, after all! haha) and she said if i could stand the snoring. well, i quickly thought i has spent the night at her house several times as a girl, and it was always a special treat to sleep in her bed..."well, granny duh, it's never bothered me before!" so, i've been sleeping with her. yes, we've both tossed and turned and i would wake up to her just laying there.

the first night, sunday night, we stayed up and talked until 3 a.m. i told her the next day she was either taking a sleeping pill or i was taking a caffeine pill! lol needless to say, she went with the sleeping pill!

it's amazing, but through all of this she's gotten more beautiful by the day! she's was gorgeous before, but now she's radiant...her inner beauty is showing itself in full form. she's become one of the most beautiful, most graceful women i know! she manages to keep a smile on her face!

it was so hard to do those songs today. but i'm so sure he was looking down and just beaming! i couldn't bear to look at her, but i heard granny duh was just smiling and nodding at us as redeemer was done. i just pray i've got a fraction of her strength and beauty!

well, they should be back soon and she had mentioned getting in bed earlier! she's also mentioned sleeping in - we've been waking up at 5 a.m. and getting out of bed at 6 a.m. after going to bed past 11 or midnight and talking even later! i hear them now...i still can't believe everything.......how long until it "soaks" in?

Sometimes I don’t know where I’m going
Where the road this leading me
Life can be full of so many changes
So many uncertainties
But there’s one thing that’s constant in this heart of mine
It’s knowing that you’re gonna love me, come rain or shine

(chorus)
I have no doubt
That you will never leave me
That you’ll be there to keep me safe and warm
I have no doubt
No matter where you take me
That nothing can separate me from you, lord

I don’t know what you’ve planned for tomorrow
Or what lies up ahead for me
Pleasure, pain, worry or sorrow
Today is as far as I can see
You may see fit to take me through the valley, lord
Or on the mountain
It makes no difference where I go

(bridge) 1
I wanna run away
From that voice that I hear calling
But I’ll be quick to answer and obey

(chorus)
Nothing could separate me
Nothing could ever separate me

11 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I'm praying for you so hard!!!

Tue Apr 11, 10:00:00 PM EDT  
Blogger cs said...

Father,

We come before you humbled by your majesty... who can explain your ways. Who are we to be a chosen people... God You are Holy, Holy, Holy... I pray for this family. God I lift them up to you, draw near to them, "Be near oh God, Be near." May they rejoice in the knowledge and truth that Your will has been done, and that their grandfather is not dead, he lives... Thier grandfather is free from the bonds of this earth. The chains have been shattered. He has gone through what we must all go through one day, the physical death of our flesh, but the Blessed resurrection found in Christ. Oh that we would rejoice in this: that death is only the beginning, the beginning of Eternity of worship of You. A day will come when we will see the beauty of Your majest as it really is... Unfathomable... We will one day understand Your mysterious ways. We will one day see Your Glory and Holiness completely... We WILL one day stand in Your presence and cry out You are Holy Holy, Holy! There is no God like You! How I long for that day... Father, I pray for this family, shine Your face upon them. Give them peace and comfort. May they surrender to You and know that You are God. Blessed be Your name. In Christ name I pray...

Love in Christ to all of your Family,
Corbin

Tue Apr 11, 10:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. No matter when or why we loose the ones we love - it stings.

As a pastor my hubby does many weddings but also funerals, including his own Mom's only 6 months ago. To know that she is with the Lord makes it easier. To know that she is dancing before her Heavenly Father makes us smile.

Your Pawpaw is rejoicing and feasting with the disciples, "Hey Peter... pass the salt..." (when I was a kid I said I would say this when I get up there).

We are all just visitors here, make each moment count, bring Glory to His name and make Him smile.

Tue Apr 11, 11:42:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Susanna said...

Thank you for continuing to share. Your grandma may be getting more radiant, but you aren'y doing too badly yourself! Keep blogging, keep praying and although you may not know you are doing it, keep encouraging us all by your Godly attitude.
With love and prayers.
Susanna
P.S I know you are all missing family right now, but I have to say how lovely it i to hear of your family and their closeness.

Wed Apr 12, 04:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

God bless your sweet spirit for doing those songs. I know that this was only through the power of Christ. I'm so grateful that God's hand is on your family right now. I'm so glad you are all so close and have each other to turn to for comfort and support. I'm thinking of you all so much. And Russell too. You are such a blessing, even in this time of grief! You are blessing us!

Love you!

Wed Apr 12, 07:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

P.S. You do have granny duh's strength and beauty! You blessed so many hearts today through the songs. That was a very special tribute to your papa hoyt, and he would be smiling now. I'm sure he was joining in your praise in heaven.

Thank you for your willingness to do that. I can't imagine how hard that was.

Wed Apr 12, 07:18:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are such a special child of God and I know He is comforting you as you look to Him and allow Him to take your burdens.

BTW-when you feel like it, I have a challenge up today.

God Bless You Richly!

Wed Apr 12, 07:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

Tears are filling my eyes as I read this - and I am lifting you and your whole family up in prayer...

I lost the last of my grandparents 2 years ago - and it was heartbreaking....I sure miss them...but know that they have let a legacy in me their grandchild - just as your grandpas have in you!

And I am so glad your grandmother has you guys to lean on during this time!

May God continue to comfort all of you!!!

Wed Apr 12, 09:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

As I read about your grandma's increasing radiance, grace, and beauty my eyes began to fill with tears as I thought of our loving Father in heaven molding and shaping us and carrying us through the hard times to form us into the perfect clay vessel just right for His kingdom.

God bless you Maegan. You truly are "no average girl".

Wed Apr 12, 10:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Maegan -
How old are you? You have the wisdom, insight, compassion, and generous heart of a woman many years older than you.
What love you have for family. I admire you and love reading what you write because it shows your heart.

Wed Apr 12, 12:35:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

My sweet, lovely M, my heart aches for the enormity of your losses and what you've had to go through in the past few weeks. Know that you and the family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya girl!

Wed Apr 12, 02:47:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home