Tuesday, April 11, 2006

wow, what to say...the viewing was last night. so many friends, family, co-workers were there. many of who we saw for pawpaw's viewing. the same room, of the same funeral home - exactly three weeks later.

the funeral is today. i can't believe it. pawpaw's death was just starting to be real...now this?

bless my meme's heart, she's been taking such good care of granny duh during this time. she's made sure we've had plenty of food and hugs! you see, my granny duh is the supervisor of housekeeping at the hospital - so while pawpaw was in the hospital, she made sure his room got extra cleaning and got anything for meme. meme told me last night, "your granny duh took great care of me and pawpaw while he was there, i want to make sure i take care of her now. i know just how she feels." it was such an incredible feeling to see them come together last night!

the last night of papa hoyt's life, we had a signing/interpretive dance event which he loved dearly! especially a song called redeemer. well, he got to see it twice that night! he was praising the Lord before he went home to praise Him forevermore!

well, as soon as granny duh realized she'd be planning his funeral, she turned to me at the hospital and through a tear-stained face and asked if i thought we'd be able to do redeemer for him, one last time. i'm still not sure how we're going to, but by His strength and for papa hoyt, we'll pull it off somehow, someway. he'll be looking down, praise Him with us!

well, better go attempt to get the process of getting ready going...this is just so hard. two grandfathers in three weeks is way too close, way too soon. both parents are now in mourning, concerned about their mothers. not only that, but uncle dee is faring worse and my great-grandmother (granny duh's mother) likely has cancer or something along those lines. i pray not, but it looks as if we've still got more rocky roads in the near future......

be near, oh God, be near, oh God of us, your nearness is to us our good...

8 Comments:

Blogger Gordon said...

Meagan, I pray that God's grace will be with you today. Let this be an offering of purest praise to God and He will sustain you.

Tue Apr 11, 11:10:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet one. I am so sad for you to loose people close to you in so short time.
Just, remember, one day you all will be dancing together in the Golden City :)

Tue Apr 11, 12:19:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

So, so, sorry about it; the day is not easy, but I know you'll have strength.

Tue Apr 11, 12:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Your interpretive dance is going to be beautiful. Filled with love.
Your post brought tears to my eyes for your whole family.
I am reading a book by Randy Alcorn called "Heaven" and based on Scripture he believes those who pass before us (Christians) can see what is going on down here on earth - at least to some extent. So know that maybe - just maybe - your grandpa really did watch you today.

Tue Apr 11, 01:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

Your post reminded me of Praise Him in This Storm by Casting Crowns.

You might have to scroll down a little to see the controls for the song.

Tue Apr 11, 03:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

I feel for you so much! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Tue Apr 11, 03:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Apr 11, 05:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

My heart breaks for all of you so much.

I'm writing a letter to Russell now because I'm guessing he's not going to be able to be there. Last I heard his car had broken down. I know he's hurting so much because he didn't get to see papa hoyt. Your mom and Sonya's side of the family is so dear to him. If he can't be at the funeral I hope he finds a way to say bye.

I am praying for all of you. Rest in the arms of our precious Heavenly Daddy...He's the only one who gets us through pain like this.

Love you my dear friend!

Tue Apr 11, 05:40:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home