Thursday, May 18, 2006

computer keyboard was sick...


Well, I must've been contagious...the keyboard got sick! haha Some letters wouldn't work at all, while others gave me a few more than I had bargained for! That poor, faithful keyboard has been officially retired and will now begin enjoying it's retirement complete with a house full of boxes, used tissues, free {discarded} food, along with a life time supply of tissues and credit card offers/applications. I'm sure the blessed thing will be completely taken care of and cared for. ...I have such a generous heart :-D Ok, enough of that!

So, that's what was happening and causing me to be unable to make my usual rounds and visit all of my pals! And it also explains why my ThT never made it up... But now, I be back!

I've been so sore from karate - I guess that's what happens with you to go 2+ classes in one day! I suppose I do enjoy it that much.

Oh, for my Mother's Day story...Mom had this grand idea of buying a bird (a cockatiel) for my Meme (grandmother on Dad's side). It would keep her company, be something she could take care of and hold. So, for several weeks we looked for the friendliest one we could find. Ended up driving about two hours and found the one. On Sunday, we took it over to her house - complete with a cage, food, scooper, and verbal instructions. :-) She just kept going, "Daaaaavid!" which is my Dad's name.

Well, last night she called and said she wouldn't be able to keep it...she said the feathers just went everythere, including her kitchen, because her living room and kitchen are together. I was badly disappointed, because this bird was like my baby. Yes, we have a cockatiel already, Miss Daisy, but she don't care much for me...which is a mutual agreement. But this bird was just so sweet and he loves me...hey, if I kissed him would he turn into a prince or something? ;-) lol

So, Granny Duh (my other grandmother) who's been staying with us since all of our tragedy, came downstairs this morning after Dad and Faith had picked up my little baby from Meme's house. She went in there and we filled her in on the poor, orphaned bird. She held it a little and was like, "you've got to take it all the way back there?" She was lost in thought for a moment then said, "What if I just keep him?" I wanted to jump up and down! "We can name him Hoyt...and call him Ho-Ho!" Then we all laughed. She did name him Mr. Guilford in honor of my Papa Hoyt :-) And it just makes my day to know I can go see him and hold him!

There's a sample of what's been happening...

4 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

i didn't realize just how much i've been missing your joyfulness, sweet girl. it's so good to see and hear your light-hearted side coming back.

thanks for all you are, for all you do for others and your desire to follow God.

be blessed!

Thu May 18, 08:36:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

That's really sweet :)

Thu May 18, 09:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Hope you can post pictures of your dance performance.

Wish you all the best!

Fri May 19, 06:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

Aw . . . that's such a sweet story! ;)

Fri May 19, 06:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home