Sunday, May 14, 2006

Six Flags Pictures...finally!

Well, I'm only a day and a half or so late! haha

We went to homeschool day at Six Flags with Al, Stacey, and their kids - Savannah & Talon. Stacey is the lady who sings (wonderfully, I might add) with Praise In Motion and Savannah does Sign Language with Faith.

Here's T and Nathan one our first ride...the trolley ride to the park! lol
T & Nathan

Faith, Talon, & Savannah before any rides - notice how the hair is still fixed! ;-)
Faith, Talon, & Savannah

Nathan & T walking to the Scream Machine
Nathan & T

Stacey & Savannah at lunch...I might get hurt if Stacey saw this on the web! shhhh :-D
Stacey & Savannah

Nathan in a crazy hat...a couple of ladies were wearing these "fuzzy" hats and asked Nathan to take a picture of them. He grabbed a hat and took a picture of them while he, too, was wearing one...makes for great blackmail!
Nathan

Faith & Myself. I had leaned over to talk to her and Mom, with the camera in hand, said, "Freeze!"
Faith & Me

Notice the uneaten Lay's lol ....definitely lunch!
Faith, Dad, & Myself

I was playing peek-a-boo with Dad while in line for the Scream Machine - and he caught me! It did help the time pass quicker while waiting...
Peek-A-Boo

Here is Mom's game of peek-a-boo...but I caught her with rabbit ears slightly tall for her height - not that she's short or anything! haha
Peek-A-Boo w/ Rabbit Ears

Here's the Dejavu...stuck! Ok, T and Nathan rode Superman - something I wanted to ride but was to...~clears throat~ shall we say....well, it was just too early to ride any coasters yet. So, they rode it first then I had plans to go back. Well, we went back to ride it a little later and as we top the hill we see it stopped in mid-track and one of our friends who was about to board said it was stuck...and the kids in it probably wouldn't be down for another hour or so. It was rumored that half of the parents were laughing while the other half was going to maintainence and complaining...well, as it seemed to turn out it was the Dad half of the bunch that was laughing, "oh, Charlie, you've had this coming for a lllloooonnngggg time!" while the other half - you can guess which half - was at the maintenance booth. haha Needless to say, I didn't get to ride Superman this trip.
De-Ja-Vu Stuck

The Acrophobia is the "tower" that takes you way into the air - like, higher than every single roller coaster, Goliath included - and drops you at 65 MPH at a 10 degree tilt. It makes it feel like a free-fall or something. Dad rode it once (he's the one waving on the right) and said that was it for him!
acrophobia

Here's Tim, Me, and Faith riding the Acrophobia once again...Everyone but Dad loved it!
acrophobia

We're dropping straight down....
acrophobia

T & Nathan walking back from Goliath. T was holding up her phone and I was so confused. Then she told us her story...She had put her phone in her pocket for the first time - she gave it to Nathan all the other times, to put in his pocket. Well, when the ride was over she reached down to get her phone and it wasn't there. She goes and asks the guy what she should do. He responds that they were going 75 MPH and at speeds like that the phone would be just a bunch of pieces after hitting the ground, but she could go and file a report just in case. They call Mom (from Nathan's phone) and tell her what happened. Amazing Mom has the bright idea to call it and see what happens. It rings and goes to voicemail. A few minutes later a lady calls back and says she has the phone. Evidently, her kids had been playing in a grassy area under the coaster and they heard it ringing and called the number back when they got it...how astounding is that?
T & Nathan

T & I did get rescued by two superheros - Batman & Robin - but our victory picture was taken before our "heros" were able to recover from their huge ordeal. :-D I never saw my true superhero....Superman! I looked and looked, but he was no where to be found. Guess I'll have to continue to wait on him to come save me! lol Next trip to Six Flags I'll search high and low once again!

Well, hope those pictures were worth the wait! I'll post about our Mother's Day soon! Have another great story for later! :-)

14 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oooh, it makes me wanna go to an amusement park!

Sun May 14, 10:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Am glad you did get a chance to enjoy with the family after the sad things that happened one after the other.

You were brave to ride all those. I can't imagine me taking any one of them.

Mon May 15, 08:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

Absolutely love the pics dear M! I LOVE all the "scary" rides and rollercoasters - except the wooden ones. Those are dangerously jerky! Did you know that there are several cases of whiplash documented from people riding wooden rollercoasters?

I need to go an amusment park soon! Glad you and the family had fun dear one! Y'all deserve it!

Mon May 15, 10:32:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You girls are so very, very pretty! Just gorgeous.

Glad you had a fun time at Six Flags. It makes me want to take the kids!

Mon May 15, 11:03:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

Looks like you all had a fun day!! :)

Mon May 15, 07:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

What fun!!! Love all the pictures, especially your family playing peek-a-boo with your fam - how fun!!

Thanks so much for the great email for Mother's Day!! You are a doll!!

P.S. I am so glad to see your fam having some fun in this difficult season - may God contine to wash over you with strength and joy!

Mon May 15, 07:56:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

hey girlie! it was such a fun day, just not long enough.

finding superman...i know sometimes it seems like a never ending process. but i'm sure, as many have told you before, this process of allowing yourself to wait on God's best for your life, is actually full of fun and excitement.

remember you are a princess and waiting on God's best will be so much more than you could have ever expected.

i'm really not sure why i'm telling you all that cos you've got such a great outlook on the whole thing. in fact i see you following your heart and using so much wisdom. so you go girl and God will bless your obedience.

stay sweet!

Mon May 15, 08:39:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME BLOG!!! :o)
You have alot of really great pictures as well as interesting entries, WONDERFUL JOB!!! :o)

Mon May 15, 10:22:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! :o)
Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate it ALOT!!!
I'll for sure check out your blog often! :o)

Mon May 15, 11:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That was a great day I'm sure for you and your family.
Happy Mothers Day

Tue May 16, 12:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Susanna said...

Remind me not to go to a theme park with you.....you'd be bored stiff with me! I am a BIG scaredy cat. I don't think I have ever gone upside down on a roller coaster..........don't really want to either. Lovely to see you all having a fab day though.

It is funny seeing everyone commenting on mothers day as over here it is in March!

Tue May 16, 04:15:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are a BRAVE girl. None of that for me...but I am a "little" older than you. ;o)

Great pictures. Come take a look at mine. Just got my first digital camera.

Tue May 16, 08:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - I can't ride all these things. Hey, maybe that what made you sick - the drop down with 75mph speed...I am so happy for you that you all had a great time :)

Fri May 19, 12:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nathan L. said...

I am soooooooo jealous! I haven't been to Six Flags in like 3 years. I'm glad you had fun.

Tue May 23, 09:18:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home