Tuesday, May 16, 2006

i can't believe it...

wow, this is shocking to me...over at the blog olympics hosted by binnsy's hovel (great place, btw) i came out with a medal!

i've also had a little stomach bug...finishing up my 3rd day with this horrid little thing. i'm hoping and praying after this, that it's finished and done - and that my family escapes from it! :-)

so, while i've been a little under the weather, i got my sister (who is going to beauty school for hair in the fall) to color my hair. i started yesterday when i began to feel better, putting some highlights in it. then, this afternoon (after a rough morning), we put in some "low lights" with a reddish tint...don't worry, it's not red, it's still definitely blonde - but don't let that get out! hehe i'm happy with it and i'll try to get some pictures taken and up when i feel like putting on some makeup! lol mom and tarah say they really like it...i can't wait to get my blogging buddies' opinions! :-D

in karate, we have been learning the purple belt form - chun par 1...the funny thing about this form is it's so different than any other form. once you learn it and go back to another form, you start trying to create what i call "combos" haha overall, the form isn't all that bad - except that i get dizzy. you make a complete circle like 15 times in the form - which lasts under a minute! ...ok, maybe it's a little bit of an exaggeration! :-P

my grandmother is still with us...i can't imagine what emotions will go through my head the day she decides she's going home. it feels so right to have her here with us at night. it's going to be like my right arm saying it wants a vacation, i'll fight with her tooth and nail to keep her here. i do know it will be part of the healing process, as bad as i will hate that part. i guess that's selfish, isn't it? i just love her so much and want to have her close!

well, i guess i'll go rest. hopefully, by tomorrow, i'll be 100% better and ready for anything :-)

15 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

hey you! hope you're rid of that stomach bug!!! you looked much stronger on the karate floor tonite and i love that new form.

also, i heard from someone that your forms instructor said when they went back and recalculated the tournament scoring, someone had added up the scores incorrectly, and that you had actually had the high score, instead of second highest. let me know if you hear anything else on that. no big deal i'm just impressed that they actually go back and re-check their scoring!

stay sweet!

Tue May 16, 08:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

oh yea...congrats on the gold medal! but what's that all about? how bout a little summary of the whole thing.

Tue May 16, 09:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

Get well soon!

Praying for your speedy recovery.

Tue May 16, 10:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Melli said...

Just stopping by to CONGRATULATE you on the GOLD achievement! Good job!!!
Blog Olympics! Whooo hooo! ;)

Tue May 16, 10:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Wow how bizarre is that we BOTH had stomach viruses and both got gold, hmm wonder what that means haha.
Congrats on the gold :)

Wed May 17, 01:23:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you feel better. I know how incredibly painful "Tummy Bugs" are. (By the way, I just called it that to sound dorky). But, really, whenever I get sick it makes me - forces me - to realize how much I need God because I am weak. I hope it does the same 4 u!

Wed May 17, 02:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

Congratulations on the gold and the purple. Hope you get better soon.

Wed May 17, 10:39:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A well deserved gold medal!

Wed May 17, 03:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Sorry you were under the weather! I hear one is going around and I hope my family escapes it as we got the stomach flu in January and it was awful - to say the least!
I can't wait to see your hair. I get red highlights in mine (along with some blonde) and get compliments on it a lot. Red's a great color. :)

Wed May 17, 07:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Hope you get better!

Wed May 17, 09:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats girl on your gold medal and all the other good stuff going on in your life. Hope you're feeling better today.

My ThT is up.

Thu May 18, 07:58:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
I hope you feel better SOON!! :o)
I wish you the very BEST!!!

Thu May 18, 11:55:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ON THE GOLD MEDAL!! :oD

Thu May 18, 11:57:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear - I am so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling good at all. I hope you are better today :) - Thanks for visiting my blog today.
I am sure that your hair just looks stunning. I really need to get my high/low lights back, but just a little short on cash right now - humph.
(((hugs)))

Fri May 19, 12:10:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - forgot to congratulate you on your gold medal. I have 3 silver medals thus far.

Fri May 19, 12:13:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home