Saturday, May 20, 2006

Just Can't Stay Away...

...from karate tournaments! LOL

You see, we were supposed to be going to a karate tournament this morning, a tournament that was about 3 1/2 or 4 hours away (according to some). Last night, as we talked about it we decided it was just too far to drive. So, I got up this morning, spent some time with the family and birds, and decided I missed it too much - so, I had to go seek out a karate event! haha

That was a great adventure in and of itself about how I ended up where, but the good news is that I did indeed find a place to fill my karate crave for a time! :-)

Then, I headed to visit some family. I first headed to see one my great-aunts or 4th cousins or something along those lines haha - all I know is that she's family and that is what matters! I went in, got a few books to read from her, talked about books, TV, the recent deaths in the family, and all kinds of things. I came out to a beautiful rose just laying on the driver's side of the car just as neat as it could be...it freaked me out! I looked around and saw no one around. I'm thinking, "Boy, I've got a secret stalking admirer!" I think about if any of my pals who "owe" me one would have pulled something like this - but the only who who really would owe me is at work...plus no one (not even that friend) knew I was going there. It couldn't have been a prank by one of my friends.

I head home (looking behind me to make sure no unusual car is trailing me!). I'm going through my head trying to figure out who could and would do something like that...and looking for rose bushes! haha

When I got home, T says, "Strange things always happen when you go out by yourself...you get pulled over, someone leaves roses!" My Dad is thinking about it and realizes his builder (and friend) lives right across the street...and is like, "I bet it was him!" I'm hoping above all hopes that this was the case.

After about 30 minutes I'm like, "Dad, please call Luke and just see. I've got to know!"

As it turns out, Luke's wife has rose bushes and he had walked over while I was in the house and laid it there. That was such a relief!

I then head off to see Uncle Dee (the one who was in ICU when everything else was happening) and Loretta. Uncle Dee hasn't been able to eat lately, but today he said he was eating just about anything and everything and had finally stopped losing weight! What an answer to prayer this was for us all, as he's so thin and starting to get unhealthy due to all he's lost already.

But, his spiritual walk is still in question. He has such a good heart, but I want to know for sure that he's given it 100% to Him before anything else happens. It's like he's on the edge and I'm so afraid to push, pull, or tug - afraid I'll tip the balance in the wrong direction. All I know to do right now is show him love, pray, and let God work as only He can.

After that, I went to see Granny Duh. She had went to her house to clean and while I was there she let me get some things of Papa Hoyt's that I wanted - mostly hats. I went through a hat stage when I was about 10 or 11, and I remember him getting new hats and being like, "Hey...come try this one on!" And one time he bragged about having all of the autographs of a team...So I got those hats! :-) And he was really into Civil War re-enacting and he would dress T and myself up (when we were smaller) and get pictures - and I remember that hat! So, Granny Duh also let me have that hat! I was ecstatic to be able to find those hats!!!

Well, a storm is brewing and I need to get comfy! Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hea I like your site! Keep spending time with your family you won't regreat it. God bless

Sun May 21, 03:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Once it's in the blood, you can't get out of it.

Sun May 21, 09:23:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seemed like you had a great weekend indeed. It is always great to spend time with family. Sometimes it makes me sad that I don't have my family close - but then again I have a great family on my own.
Have a blessed Monday.
Oh, BTW - I put up a little bit about how my Sweetheart and I met this past Sunday.

Mon May 22, 02:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

I did a double take when I read this "Dad, please call Luke and just see. I've got to know!"

*grin*

Mon May 22, 10:36:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

What a fun surprise to get your rose. Too bad it WASN'T a secret admirer - every girl deserves one of those once in awhile.:)
I'm glad you got your grandpa's hats. Very special memories are tied into those for you.

Mon May 22, 11:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

Those sound like some really cool hats. I didn't get my papa's hat, but I got his hunting vest. I still have it and now my boys are using it when we go hunting.

Mon May 22, 04:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

It's nice to get unexpected roses but I'm glad to know it was from a friend and not a psychostalker!

Hope the storm rolls by with some rain and not much else in the way of incliment weather.

Love ya hon! {HUGS}

Mon May 22, 06:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

That was a good choice. Being with family is a very fulfilling activity.

Have a nice day!

Tue May 23, 07:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Ryan said...

so if i'm ever around your place (somewhat unlikely, but you never know), i'll know exactly how to freak you out. mwahaha. ;)

Tue May 23, 02:43:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The unexpected rose, was wonderful. For you, it's well-deserved.

Tue May 23, 03:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

Glad you had a good weekend :) Fun to hear about the bird, and that your Grandma is keeping him after all :)

Blessings to you and your fam :) Hope you get a chance to post some pictures of you in your Papa's hats - :)

Thinkin of ya sweetie :) Oh, and roses - how fun :)

Tue May 23, 05:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

great and mischievious thinking there, ryan!

Thu May 25, 11:03:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home