Thursday, April 27, 2006

friday's feast

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?


i'd like to think i'm a 10 - but honestly i'd probably have to give myself a 7 or so...i have my moments!

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?


listening to my grandmother talk about how her sister and her cousin went out tonight and saw someone from the backstreet boys (or so they claim! haha). she said they didn't know who he was, but that he was dark completed and handsome! and they went on and on about how they talked for a few minutes - and even touched the cousin's shoulder, "don't wash that shirt for a while, betty" said the sister! lol

or my granny duh (other grandmother...both are widowed) being taken out by three guys today after we told her no running around with strange men! apparently, her "big boss" came in and took her and two other guys from work out. we enjoyed giving her a hard time!

Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?


i used to be a cartoon buff...i'd have to say either daphne in scooby doo...she was always the pretty one and got the cute guys or superwoman - she always worked with the hot guys! lol

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.


well, that would have to be between my parents and two teachers i had at the local christian school i attended part-time (i was homeschooled!)...i'd either have to pick dad or mr. b. dad could have some pretty good math classes going, but mr. b (bible teacher) had some great comebacks to some wise cracks from the other kids in the class.

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that...


each of us are here to complete a spectacular purpose, but we have the choice to either fulfill that role or to run from it.



links to other friday feasts...

7 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

great insight there, on the dessert!

stay sweet! keep it real.

blessings!

Fri Apr 28, 12:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Nice feast. Mine's up for the first time.

Fri Apr 28, 06:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

Hey there sweetpea. Excellent list. Mine's up but my dessert should have been more like the main course. LOL!

Fri Apr 28, 11:20:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good Morning SUNSHINE! Love your list...especially dessert! Mine is up and I finally got the answers posted for the kindness challenge. Thanks so much for participating.

Fri Apr 28, 11:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger cs said...

hey you,

As I read your desert, I was reminded of the book of Jonah. We do have a "complete and spectacular purpose" and we will eather run from it or embrace it. Jonah ran from it, but what the book of Jonah so clearly shows is that God will complete His purpose for each of us. Whether we like it or not. Jonah went to Nineveh, and the Word of the Lord was proclaimed there; and the Lord's will was completed there. It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how hard we search for a different way than that which the Father has laid before us, I find that when I run, He's always there, like the Good Shephard, herding me back the Way He wants me too. Yes, we can either run or embrace the purpose of God in our life...

"Here is my servant whom I support, my chosen one in whom I take pleasure. I have placed my spirit on him; he will make just decrees for the nations. He will not cry out or shout; he will not publicize himself in the streets. A crushed reed he will not break,a dim wick he will not extinguish; he will faithfully make just decrees. He will not grow dim or be crushed before establishing justice on the earth; the coastlands will wait in anticipation for his decrees." This is what the true God, the Lord, says--the one who created the sky and stretched it out,the one who fashioned the earth and everything that lives on it, the one who gives breath to the people on it, and life to those who live on it: "I, the Lord, officially commission you; I take hold of your hand. I protect you and make you a covenant mediator for people, and a light to the nations, to open blind eyes, to release prisoners from dungeons,those who live in darkness from prisons. I am the Lord! That is my name! will not share my glory with anyone else, or the praise due me with idols." Isaiah 42:1-8 (NET bible)

Father may all of this be true of each and every one of us believers... that we may be your chosen servents, that make just decrees, that serve you with faithfulness...

Fri Apr 28, 08:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

I like your soup.

Happy weekend!

Sat Apr 29, 04:33:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great feast there1

My First Blogaversary is Sunday 30th April. Hope you'll drop in!

Sat Apr 29, 12:07:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home