Tuesday, April 18, 2006

praising Him every season of the soul

awww, you guys are just so precious. i wish i could have all you guys over for cake, cookies, and ice cold water (or better, tea!). we'd all hang out and talk into the wee hours of the morning. then, i'd set another evening for you to come over and i'm day-dreaming about all of this.....

today was rather difficult. at memeow's funeral, i think all three deaths hit home at once. i sat in the same funeral home, same chapel three times in the past month. it feels like each time i would walk into the parlor during viewing, there would be a different close family member in the casket. it's almost like a nightmare. i guess this time period in life is a nightmare.

but, that's not to say there isn't valuable lessons to be learned. such as He can be seen through the hand-squeeze of a loving sister, the touch by a grandmother, the flowing tears by a second cousin, the reassuring hug from a complete stranger who feels your hurt. He can be seen in the beauty of the flowers sent, the delicious meals provided by loved ones, the innocent cry of a newborn who can feel the tension. He can be felt through the peace that settles over your heart when you see anguish all around you. in the beauty of the chirping birds while you are weeping where a loved one is buried.

He can be seen anywhere, if only you open your heart and look. here's a song i signed a few years ago, when i was signing for the church's praise band. it's been on my heart lately...

Let everything that, everything that
Everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything that, everything
Everything that hast breath praise the Lord

Praise You in the morning
Praise You in the evening
Praise You when I'm young and when I'm old
Praise You whem I'm laughing
Praise You when I'm grieving
Praise You every season of the soul

If we could see how much You're worth
Your power, You might, Your endless love
Then surely we would never cease to praise

Let everything that, everything that
Everything that has breath praise the Lord
Let everything that, everything
Everything that hast breath praise the Lord

Praise You in the heavens
Join with the angels
Praising You forever and a day
Praise You on the earth now
Join with creation
Calling all the nations to Your praise

If they could see how much You're woth
Your power, Your might, Your endless love
Then surely they would never cease to praise

12 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

The Lord bless you, the Lord let His face shine upon you, and give you peace.

Tue Apr 18, 11:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

I'd love to come over for cookies :) Hopefully one day I'll meet all of you. I've heard about all of you through the years and then gotten to know you more...heard about your town, feel I've been there. One day anyway...coffee and cookies :)

I can't imagine how hard it's been for you. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Russ again yet but I will email you after I do.

Stay strong in the Lord. His grace is sufficient.

Love you!

Wed Apr 19, 08:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Beautiful song hon. Still praying for you and your family!

Wed Apr 19, 08:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

It's wonderful that you are aware of His presence.

Wed Apr 19, 10:55:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been through a lot lately. I just saw this verse and thought it might encourage you as it did me. God gives us strength to endure.

Isaiah 40:28-29
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.

Wed Apr 19, 11:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Touching.

Wed Apr 19, 11:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bill said...

My heart weeps and rejoices with you; though I must say, I am weeping more than rejoicing with you. I am so saddened that you are experiencing such grief. Please know thatI am praying for you and your family.

Father,
Please send your mercy and compassion on this family as they weep over the loss of loved ones. May you be glorified and high and lifted up. In the name of Jesus I ask this....Amen.

Wed Apr 19, 12:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A lovely song. Cookies would be wonderful.

Wed Apr 19, 01:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

I can bring the lemonade tea - it's really yummy!

I don't have much to say sweet M other than y'all stay in my thoughts and prayers and I'm praying every good blessing from Above be given to you and your family.

Sending you hugs and lots of love!

Wed Apr 19, 02:49:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes - even in our tribulation let every breath praise the Lord...I know it is hard some times, but even in those hours we have to remember that He is with us.

Thu Apr 20, 01:46:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Tracy S said...

I am so sorry you and your fanily have had to go through this much less a few times now. I really admire how spiritually grounded you are in your faith. It is very awesome. God is good and has a divine plan as you know. I pray her continue to give your family strength and peace...

God bless you all...

Mon Apr 24, 01:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tracy S said...

HE continue ... sorry for the typo :(

Mon Apr 24, 01:46:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home