Saturday, July 08, 2006

I'm The Big 2-0



The rumors are indeed true...I'm turning 20! Thanks to all of those lovely comments...loved the poem, Luke!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
FROM YOUR BLOGGING BUDS,
WE'RE GLAD THAT YOU'RE A BLOGGER,
EVEN IF YOU FORGET WHAT "SENTENCE" MEANS.


I was just thinking how different things were last year...I had both grandfathers - Pawpaw & Papa Hoyt - and my Memeow (great grandmother). I didn't really know my Uncle Billy and Aunt Stephanie. I was seriously considering leaving politics in my past. I was a new graduate. I was looking for the direction my life should take. I wasn't blogging. I was missing out on tons of great people! :-) I was finishing up a heated softball year. Karate was but a thought. I was celebrating my birthday with my Papa Hoyt, Granny Duh, & Memeow. I went fishing with my Pawpaw for the first (and last) time in his boat!

How many things have changed. If only I'd have known that was my last birthday, my last fishing trip I'd have enjoyed myself more and let the "little things" bug me less. I'd have given more hugs, smiled more, and laughed carefree. But they all got to see me graduate and were so proud of me!

My family, grandmother, and a few friends threw me a surprise birthday part at IHOP! Yes, IHOP...they said I was the one who picked the place! LOL I love their salad and that was the answer to my favorite place to eat when they casually asked last night! I got tons of great gifts - I was sure to get great pictures for all of you guys! But my family and the guys made fun of me getting pictures of things..."Don't you want a picture with it?" Then they'd burst out laughing. I do have TONS of pictures of me with them all, too! Check back next week for those! :-)

Well, with that I'll end with a song from Natalie Grant...

I’ve been driving through the night
Pull up and see the lights
This is the place that I call home

I watch you as you dream
I think of all you mean to me
Touch your face, kiss you softly

And before I go to sleep, I pray under the stars
Search my soul and check my heart

CHORUS:
(I) thank God for another day, another chance
To love the ones I love
To find my way
To laugh, to dance
And watch the sun come up
Another day I get to live
As if every breath could be the last I take
I get another day

I have a hand that I can hold
Someone who knows my soul
A safe place to lay my head at night
Still sometimes I forget
Just how much I’ve been blessed in life
I forget what means the most to me, yeh
But I’m waking up again
I feel my beating heart
So grateful that I’ve come this far

CHORUS

Another day to make somebody smile
To go the extra mile
To take a wrong and make it right
Yeh, I’m tryin’ to touch somebody’s life
I get another day

21 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

awwe, girl! thanks for making us smile!

blessings!

Sat Jul 08, 12:29:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet One! What a wonderful song you have shared...
I am sad that you had endured so much loss this past year. But always remember, you will be reunited with them all one day :)
(((hugs)))

Sat Jul 08, 03:51:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wishing you a very warm and Happy Birthday, Maegan.

May your next year be full of joy.

Sat Jul 08, 05:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Angie said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! I hope that this year brings you lots and lots of awesome memories. Remember to cherish every moment, even when you really don't feel like it. Oneday you will be glad you did! {{{{HUGS}}}} to you!

Sat Jul 08, 07:43:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Susanna said...

Happy Birthday to you! Today is my husband's birthday too......he turned the big 30 and is not really sure if he likes it!

Sat Jul 08, 01:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crazy Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Girl!

If I could sing, I'd call you right now and sing it to you.

Love Ya,

Stephanie

Sat Jul 08, 02:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vicki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you sweet, sweet friend of mine. Your post was so touching--it made me smile to hear of your birthday celebration. So glad to know you, to enjoy you, to thank the Lord for you. Thanks for being in my life---even via the internet--and making it all the richer. You've had a big year, and the Lord has blessed you with a tender, compassionate, graceful heart. What a joy you are!

love you bunches, Meagan!
{{hugs}}
Vicki

Sat Jul 08, 03:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Oh! I'm glad I stopped by! I didn't know it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The 20's are great. :)
I've had two dreams lately of meeting you and your mom and family in person. :) And I adored you just as much as I do online. :)

Sat Jul 08, 08:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tater Bug said...

That is cool.

Sat Jul 08, 09:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 08, 11:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Happy birthday (again)! hehe

Sun Jul 09, 10:23:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOO-HOO! Happy Birthday! :o)

Sun Jul 09, 12:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you the very BEST in all that you do!

Sun Jul 09, 12:34:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though there are some regrets as we look back on our years, the grace of God shines through. Happy Birthday. I turn 20 soon too (ok, in October). So you are way older than me. Anyway, hope you had a good day of restful worship : )

Sun Jul 09, 01:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Happy birthday girl!
Love Ya!

Sun Jul 09, 05:52:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

Sun Jul 09, 09:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Meggles said...

Happy Birthday!! I'll be 20 in a few months also! (was brought to your blog by a friend)

Sun Jul 09, 10:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Matt said...

A slightly belated but exuberant, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to you.

Mon Jul 10, 04:05:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Drea said...

seems like once I hit 20 the years just began to fly... and then when I had my son... wow it really speeds up!! Enjoy it :-) I turn 23 in a few weeks! :-O

Sat Jul 15, 10:13:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Fri Jul 21, 05:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nathan L. said...

Happy extreeeeemely belated Birthday!

Mon Jul 24, 12:12:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home