Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Happy birthday, Mr. President!

Here is one of the reasons I love our President, although I know there are several things he could have done differently (at least from my viewpoint) - I wasn't in his shoes and didn't know the entire story. I might not have done as well, who will ever know?

He wrote this beautiful poem for the First Lady on birthday...

(click on picture for bigger wording)


Well, I thought I'd still be out of town today for that political training. I've got an opportunity to take over a political "job" (if you've been into politics much, you know "paid jobs" don't come around that often! LOL You do lots of "volunteering"). It would last just up to the General Election - which is great because I'm planning on starting college in the Spring. The lady who has who's doing it now has been having health issues for many years, and she told the State Party that she would have a Plan B just in case she needed to hand it over...and that's me. I consider her my "political mom" as she's basically taken me since the age of 11 and taught me what I needed to know, trusted me with insider info, and is now allowing me to be part of a new era of the Republican Party as technology is changing the way we will target voters. It also helps to be a great Plan B when you've met and been around the executive director of the Party in the past! ;-)

So, I'll be her right-hand person as long as she's doing fine with everything, so I'll keep up with what's happening and how things are going. If and when she decides she needs to hand things over, that's when I'll take over and be spending lots of time making sure things run smoothly, that we're getting the volunteers we need, keeping the State Party informed of our progress, making the much-adored phone calls to voters! ha

Well, I think I'm going to try to go to karate today and see how my ribbies hold up! First time back...so wish me luck, although I think they will do fine! I may be writing later on about how I wish they would heal and not hurt so bad.... hahaha

10 Comments:

Blogger Viamarie said...

Looks like an interesting job. Hope you get to meet a lot of celebrities along the way.

Take Care.

Thu Jul 06, 09:17:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

Are you going to go to school for politics or is it more of a "side hobby"?

Good luck at Karate today. I hope the ribs hold up well.

Thu Jul 06, 09:31:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Bethany said...

Enjoy that job! That sounds like a lot of fun and hard work. I am a volunteer for a candidate for congress in my county and it alone has kept me really busy. Have fun!

Bethany

Thu Jul 06, 10:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Jobs are fun when you get paid for doing what you love!
What is your ultimate goal in the political arena?
And thanks for sharing the birthday note! That was cool to read.

Thu Jul 06, 10:41:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

o girlie, so glad you didn't have to stay in the "big city"! great to have you home. but i know how excited you are to be working in this field, so i'm jumping up and down with you. BUT, we gotta have some agreements here!!!!!!! no guys allowed that are gonna take you away to DC!!!!! no, no no!!!!

of course you know i'm playing (sorta). i've prayed all your life for that special guy (the one you call superman hehe) and God knows the desires of my heart and i trust Him. so there. have fun. enjoy each and every moment. listen to your heart. i hope you dance. and keep your eyes on The Son!

love ya gurl!

Thu Jul 06, 10:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

I'm glad to share a birthday so close to our CIC!

That is so great about the job! I see you being excellent at that job and I can't wait to hear more about it!

Good luck in karate! Go kick some bootie - in a very nice way of course. ;)

Love ya dearest one! Thanks for the birthday well wishes. :)

Thu Jul 06, 11:44:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's true, Maegan; we can all do things differently in retrospect. I'm sure you would be a great asset to the Republicans.

Thu Jul 06, 01:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

That poem is so sweet!

Thu Jul 06, 01:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh I hope your ribs do feel better! Cool job opportunity! Hope you like it. That was a sweet poem by our pres...although he got wings and wind mixed up in that one line...but it's the thought that counts! Luv ya girl!

Thu Jul 06, 06:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

That sounds like a really great opportunity. I hope things work out for you. Maybe one day we will be calling you "Madam President". That would be pretty cool wouldn't it?

Fri Jul 07, 12:23:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home