Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Stolen Wallets & Crushed Phones

Ok, so maybe that's a little dramatic...I report, you decide (whoah, I sound like Fox News now...:-D). Ok, Tarah had a softball tournament this weekend as a "pick-up" pitcher for a local team to play a couple of hours away. I'm too old (and getting older by the day!) to play in these tournaments. So, I have to settle for having some fun on the sidelines - like keeping the score board, warming T up, all that stuff!

It was a two-day tournament. On Sunday, we had three guys go with us - N, T, & J (for short!). N gets out and accompanies Tarah to the field and decides to leave his wallet and keys in the camper, on the table, in plain view of an outsider looking in. So, I have this bright idea of "stealing" his wallet...mostly starting out as a joke - as I know he would never hesitate to play one on me. T and J are still in the camper and T jumps in and is like, "Yeah, let's do it!" J starts laughing and plays along, having the idea to unlock and crack the window just a bit! :-D

After a long game, Tarah's team lost and that was the final elimination game for their team. So, we head back out to the camper to eat at Dad's favorite barbecue, before going home. Tarah and I go to the tiny bathroom to freshen up a bit (we're going to eat and we are both hot, sweaty, with makeup running...girls, you can't go eating like that! haha). A few minutes after everyone settles in the camper, N shouts out, "Hey, where's my wallet?"

I didn't get to know the immediate reactions, but I heard everyone play it off cool. No pressure, but I would naturally be the next to be accused of having the wallet - and anyone in my family can testify that I have a hard time dodging direct questions. So, Tarah and I finally come out of the bathroom (we had to wait for the straight iron to heat up, had re-do our hair, etc. LOL) and here it comes..."Where's my wallet? Do you have it? Where did you put it? Have you seen it?" I'm trying to keep a poker, natural, concerned face through the entire line of questioning. N gets this worried look, "Hey...the window was open, there was water in the seat, what if......" haha I don't even know how the "water effect" got there, but he obviously thought someone had spilled it getting his wallet!

Then Tarah is put on the hot spot - but she knows absolutely nothing about it! That's the funny part!

Anyway, about half an hour later, we all concede and decide to give him his wallet right before we go in to eat. He then got...well, I won't go there! haha

So, later that night N is over at the house, my other two partners in crime had already went home. I went upstairs to get comfy. Well N decides it's time for me to pay for my part. He nabs my phone and starts texting.

Anyway, my phone is gone from where I knew it had been, so I naturally pick up the house phone and call my cell to find it (can you tell I've done this before?). It rings in another room and Mom yells, "Busted!"

I go to see where it was to find N running with my phone. Ok, so the first thing that goes through my head is that phonebook has over 200 numbers in it...some people (guys, particularly) that I don't want wrong ideas given to, some I have in there to just as a caution (incase they call, I know who it is and I'm not caught off guard) and definitely don't want to have to explain some super sweet text message I supposedly just sent.

So...what else does Spare Rib over here do? Why, she runs, catches, and tackles the guy! The entire chase Mom is like, "Maegan, your ribs! Your ribs! Slow down!" Ok, so I get N down and have one arm pinned and he's scream, "Ouch! Ouch!" Who does my family take up for? "Maegan, don't hurt him!"

I get a bit defensive, "Just give me my phone and I'll let him go. I just want my phone!"

I give and resign to the fact I'll do "damage control" later, when he's finished. My ribs are starting to get sore.

Not too long later, he passes the phone over. I open it up and it's cracked! My phone is cracked! It's got a small black spot with the rest of the screen white with about 10 "threads" running through it...I can't believe it! The phone I just got, less than a month ago, is almost useless!

So, I get a little flustered at the fact that I don't know who is texted or what was said. And I can't even see if/when/who texts and says what. I look at him and am like, "Ok, so who did you text and what did you say?"

My entire family was filling me in on the story. Who he texted, what he said. I didn't know he had carefully talked it over with my family, but evidently he had....and my Dad was even in on it.

So, at the end I learned a valuable lesson. Don't get caught up in the heat of the moment. Don't let your emotions rule. When someone plays a joke, let it run the course and mop up later when it's all died down...and remember to laugh! haha

I was hoping to go back to karate early this week (like Monday) but the whole "tackle" ordeal through that idea right out the window. The ribs are extremely sore once again :-( I hope I can still get to karate sometime this week, but I may have to wait a whole week. Awww, it's just so sad.

Well, this turned out to be an entirely long post! I guess I'll have to post what went down with the cell phone and how that turned out in a Part 2 post so I don't lose my readers due to long posts! :-D

7 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

That's great! I can totally see something like that happening with my friends. I'll be eagerly anticipating part 2! I hope he didn't do too much "damage".

Wed Jun 28, 09:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

What a fun "ordeal"....

Hope the phone turns out to be okay and that those ribs aren't tooooooooo sore - girly!

Sorry Tarah lost her game....wwwhhhhaaaaa!!

Still lol, as I can picture the whole thing :)

Wed Jun 28, 11:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Matt said...

That's unfortunate about your phone, those things can be expensive.

Wed Jun 28, 12:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That was a great post, as always, Maegan. Look after those ribs.

Wed Jun 28, 12:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Wow, good visual of you tackling the guy and pinning his arm back! Ha, if I was there I would have been in on the wallet thing too. Hope you're ribs feel better and you're phone "heals"!

Wed Jun 28, 01:28:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Take care of the ribs. The phone can be easily replaced but not your body parts.

(((Hugs)))

Thu Jun 29, 08:55:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Ha ha!! Waiting for part two!! Hey thanks for teaching me today!!

Thu Jun 29, 07:40:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home