Sunday, June 11, 2006

Karate Tournament

Well, it's official...I didn't get to compete in this tournament. I'm sure there was a reason, but it's definitely disappointing! However, lots of others did compete and I got to be a cheerleader! :-) That was so much fun and worth every minute!

I had to take pain killer for the ribs, the pain was almost unbearable a few times...by the end of the day, it felt like I had competed and taken a few good shots to the rib area. I guess the rapid, nervous heartbeat wasn't all that great on it! haha

Instructor Carl (who you will "meet" later on this post) talked to me about them. He said if I got sick the night I got kicked (which I did) then that means I took a really hard hit and it will probably be a couple of months. He said that when I do start back to karate, to take it really slow and easy. His advice was not to go to the doctor unless you had something sticking out! LOL He said all they'll tell you to do it wrap it and take it easy.

So, with it being established there was no way I could've competed, let's get on to those who did.... :-)

Faith
Faith's Form

Faith placed 3rd in forms, behind two boys who were simply great! One of them is the boy who beat her in her very first tournament in November, when she was an orange belt. Get this, ok? This little boy was a purple belt THEN...and he's STILL one! She's moved two ranks since that tournament seven months ago and is due for a third move anytime. She's going to pass the little guy! LOL

Me & Faith
The "Pep Talk"


Faith
Kicking

While forms did give Faith a minor set back, she didn't let it get her down for the entire tournament! She came back in fighting! We talked her through what they were doing and what she needed to do. She fought well enough to get the gold! :-) We were so proud of her!

Tim & T
Instructor Tim talking to T


T doing her form
T's Form

Her form took her to 1st place! Go T!

T & Tim
"Good Job!"


She has two tough fights, she wins the first round to fight for 1st. But then she loses, putting her in 2nd place :-( But there's always next time!

T Fighting
Lining up to fight


Gary is a friend who started karate about the same time as we did, so we started sparring together...except he hit a lot harder than I could even think about.......a lot harder! LOL I'd dread fighting him, because my head would get knocked around like it was a ball or something! As time went on, I think he finally realized how hard he hit! Now, he lets me beat on him like a punching bag! :-) Turn about is fair play, except that my hardest hit is like a mini-shove to him! hehe

Gary
Gary


He did get 1st in forms and fighting, which fighting is almost a given for him! And he's been doing really well in form competition recently!

Gary did get his knee injured. I didn't see what happened, but as he was fighting he said his knee buckled under him and popped 3 or 4 times before he hit the floor. I hated to hear that!


Elizabeth
Elizabeth doing forms


Chuck's Sidekick
Chuck's Sidekick


I was looking through the pictures and realized Mom had captured this "famous kick" of an instructor - as well as a great fighter. I have heard talk of it, but hadn't seen it yet.

Tim, Tim, & Carl
Tim, Tim, & Carl

Both Tim's are my instructors, as well as Carl. As you can tell from the picture, Carl is one hilarious guy! He can make some really quick comebacks with some wit intertwined!

Us Girls


Here's us with the trophies. Faith wanted me in the picture because she said I had helped her win hers... I just wanted to break down and give her a big hug. She had no idea what that meant to me - since I wasn't able to bring home any of my own.


7 Comments:

Blogger Radical One said...

when we told faith that you were busy socializing and telling everyone bye (and that you'd be awhile lol) and that we only had one picture left on our disc, she was devastated that you weren't gonna be in the picture. she said that there was no way she could have won without all your help. i tried my best explaining to her that since you weren't able to compete, you wouldn't want to be in the picture anyway. there was no way she was accepting any other answer, other than wait on you!

thanks for being such an encouragement to her, to tarah and many others as well. you are a natural cheerleader!

but i'm so sorry you didn't get to compete. i know that was tough on you. but you're right, i'm sure there's a reason.

keep your chin up and you'll be back and kicking high soon!

praying for you. love ya!

Sun Jun 11, 11:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Girl
Tell Faith and Tarah congratz!! And hope you get better soon!!
Hannah
p.s. I loved your performance last night!! It was great!!

Sun Jun 11, 12:45:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

Sweetie, I'm so sorry that you weren't able to compete in this tourney, but I know that you were a real help to others with your support and encouragement. That's just the kind of special girl you are!

I have a new post up - FINALLY! Heeheehee. ;)

Love ya "lil sis" and am praying for a complete (and quick!) recovery for you with your ribs. HUGS!

Sun Jun 11, 04:40:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Am sorry to learn that you weren't able to compete but on the other hand, I think God knew what was best for you at that time...CHEERLEADING and I bet you did perform well. Congratulations!!!

Mon Jun 12, 01:11:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Clare said...

Many years ago (and I am not saying how long)I was at a competitve level at Judo, my little claim to fame was coming 5 th in England, but promtly lost my confidence when I broke several bones in face and did an impression of a panda for a few weeks.
I still have fond memories from it .

Mon Jun 12, 04:58:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

Sorry you didn't get to compete girl :( But, you brought tears to my eyes in how much you cheered on your sister's and the love that you guys share...that is what I want for my girls...for them to be super close - and supportive of one another - there is nothing sweeter and it brings a smile to the Lord's face...you are making Him proud and brining Him glory!

Mon Jun 12, 01:24:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Sorry you wern't in the tournament, as I know you'd make a great impression.

Mon Jun 12, 03:21:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home