Saturday, June 03, 2006

Blasting Fun Day!

Well, we just got back in from a concert! It actually started on Friday night with Warren Barfield and Building 429 as the headliners. They were both awesome! But I don't have pictures of them, although I was like right at the stage!

However, today, I took the camra! Tarah, Nathan, and myself had volunteered to help serve the artists' (or singers') food and drinks! Which means, you guessed it, a backstage pass! :-) Not only did I get to see the singers, but I got to see them up close, talk to them, and get pictures and autographs! How cool is that?

There was Joanna Martino - the American Idol contender in...help me out, American Idol fans...season 2, I believe. She was pretty good...backstage, she was extremely outgoing and talkative!

Joanna Martino

Here's Will riding the pony...isn't he cute?
Will

And Kristen...
Kristen

No matter what, I can be outside, at the karate studio, at a concert and you'll still find me talking away on that phone! LOL
Me

Here's Joel Engle up close and personal...he can sing! I think his most popular song is "Shadow of His Wings"
Joel Engle

Matthew West was so sweet. He took time to get pictures with me, T, and others - backstage!
T, Matthew West, & Me

Megan, Pam, & me...Pam was the "boss" and Megan was her daughter - the troublemaker! haha
Megan, Pam, & Myself

We worked so hard...hahaT

Natalie Grant - I loved her! Unfortunately, I didn't get my picture with her. I saw her in her "stage clothes" she went and changed, pulling her hair back, and looked so different that I didn't know her until they were saying, "There goes Natalie's bus" and waved bye. But I was so glad to have heard her sing Held and What Are You Waiting For. She was very personable, and tried to tell the story behind each song. Such as Held, it was written by one of her friends who's best friends had 8 miscarriages, then finally gave birth to a baby - a miracle baby. Two months later, they found him dead in his crib, due to sudden infant death syndrome. Another Day was another song she sung, the first time I'd heard it. She sang it right after she said her husband wasn't with her today, but she would love for him to be there...and she teared up. It was so sweet!
Natalie Grant

Oh, here's a picture of me with Joanna Martino...
Myself & Joanna Martino

Here's Chris Tomlin...he has an awesome stage presence! Think about his praise and worship songs, and multiply it by about 20! It was a huge church service. And it was so amazing how they left the stage. They got everyone raising their hands and singing, and as you're worshipping you open your eyes at the end of the song and they have quietly exited the stage. It took all of the attention off of them and put God in the smack-dab center. It was just amazing! I would definitely recommend seeing Chris Tomlin if you ever have the chance!
Chris Tomlin

This picture was taken backstage - the area we had "access" to because of our volunteer status! He was the only artist to not go out and meet the fans - even though he probably had the longest line! I think he was in a hurry to get somewhere, as they arrived late for their own concert! LOL

I just happened to think to get Billy's CD (which he wanted signed) and I was with the small group that tackled Mr. Tomlin! LOL I managed to not only get the CD signed, but to also get my volunteer pass signed, as well! :-)
Billy, Myself, & Hannah

Needless to say, today was a great time! Oh, and click on any of the photos to view more!

17 Comments:

Blogger Star said...

Looks like you had an awesome day! I need to post some of the pictures from the concerts I went to...

Sat Jun 03, 11:22:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Have not been to a concert in such a long time. Looks like it was a funfilled event. Glad you enjoyed it.

Happy Sunday!

Sun Jun 04, 02:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

You really had a very very good time huh. Those pictures were pretty cool.
BTW, I'm inviting you to visit my site today. Today is my special day and I would love to have you there.
Have a nice weekend.

Sun Jun 04, 02:32:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

very fun! :)

Sun Jun 04, 11:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

Wow - that looks like a blast! I love Matthew West, Natalie Grant, etc. Held and What Are You Waiting For are two of my favorite songs from Natalie. Matthew looked different than I pictured....I would have loved to have been there.
Do you always post your pictures on your blog through Flickr? How do you do that? I think I'm maxing out my photo space via blogger. Also - where do I find info on joining the Friday Feast thingy? :)

Sun Jun 04, 04:35:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sister in Christ, it sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Hey thanks for your kind comments on my blog as well. They are appreciated.

Oh-- You read John Eldredge books?!?!? Ladies aren't supposed to read that!!!

Take care. God bless!

Sun Jun 04, 09:01:00 PM EDT  
Blogger cmhl said...

looks like you had a GREAT weekend!

Sun Jun 04, 11:05:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

Glad God blessed you with such a fun time and that you got to meet some really great artists!!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Sun Jun 04, 11:15:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Girl, I hope you had fun there i know i did!!!! Love
Hannah

Mon Jun 05, 05:25:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome day is right. WOW! You do the neatest things. Great pics.

I'm finally back! Come visit my Monday Memory.

Mon Jun 05, 08:53:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That was one awesome day. The pictures helped show how good it was.

Mon Jun 05, 03:39:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

I had heard that before about Held. It really does make songs more powerful if you know the story behind them.

Tue Jun 06, 10:31:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just droppin in to say hi. How is your summer going? Have you heard anything about Corbin? I know it stinks his cell does not work. I am getting prepared to go to London in about a week and a half for a 2 week downtown Muslim evangelism mission trip. I love summer!!!

Tue Jun 06, 05:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vicki said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I enjoy the way you always share your pics here...helps me feel like I'm right there with you. Thanks for sharing your joy!

Oh, and I do love Natalie Grant's music, too. I'm in serious need of a good concert myself these days:-)

hugs,
Vicki

Tue Jun 06, 09:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

Chris Tomlin is from the Austin area! It sounded like you had a terrific time! Good for you! :)

I'll have a post up today on my experience on vacation.

Thank you so much dear one for the lovely, lovely words on your Thursday's guest post. You are a real blessing and a truely cherished friend (and "family" member!)

Wed Jun 07, 12:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nathan L. said...

Sweet Pix!!!!

Fri Jun 09, 03:23:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh - thank you so much for sharing this awesome time you had. I love Chris Tomlin's music :).
I am sure you all had a blast!

Fri Jun 09, 09:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home