Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Cracked Ribs

My ribs are still sore...well, not sore - they actually hurt now. .. This is week number 2 - starting Monday. I went to one karate class since and even after wrapping it up with two ace bandages nice and tight, it still ached. Today marks an entire week of no karate classes for me, and I think I'm having withdrawals! LOL

It's become almost everyone's opinion they are indeed cracked...which pretty much seals my fate for the the karate tournament this weekend... As I've been told, I have a shot at competitor of the year in my age division, but now that's being brought into question with getting knocked out of the latest tournament. I'm sure it's for a reason, I just wish I knew it. As Ecclesiastes 3:1,3,4,7 says...

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak...


Then in verse 11...

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

He makes everything beautiful in its time. We cannot fathom what He has in store from the beginning of one season to the end of it. And while having cracked ribs is but a small example, I can look over my life's details and see how He's been actively weaving my life, making me who I am, knowing the people I know, and having my unique experiences.

Praise Him who brings all together for His glory!

10 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh, that is really hard! :( I will pray that your ribs feel better really soon!

Wed Jun 07, 09:02:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! :( Sorry about your misfortune. May Jehovah-Rophe — "The Lord Who Heals" — restore you back to health.

If you are taking karate now, which I did as a much younger kid, then you might consider Muay Thai kickboxing and Jujitsu in your later college years. Muay Thai is a really good cardio work-out too. I hope to get back in the game when I have a better financial situation, as these college student loans are bogging me down as of now.

Blessings!

Wed Jun 07, 10:26:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Poor thing. Hope you feel better.

Wed Jun 07, 10:29:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

awwe girl! i'm still asking for healing in time for you to compete, if that be His will.

i know this hasn't been easy for you, but your positive attitude is great.

blessings!

Wed Jun 07, 11:37:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that! I really hope you feel better soon. And I hope that you will be able to start karate again in God's perfect time. I believe that even if this weekend turns out to be out of the question, that God has something even better in mind in the long run.

I'll be praying for you.

Love you!

Thu Jun 08, 07:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

Your attitude and perspective are a testimony to your faith and a glory to God. The way in which we, as Christians, approach our disappointments in life can have a huge impact on our Christian light. May you bring Glory to God through all things.

Thu Jun 08, 09:24:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nathan L. said...

I hope you heal quickly.
I've found that when God does take something out of your life you enjoy, if you'll let Him He'll replace it with something much better than what you lost.
God bless

Fri Jun 09, 03:17:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen - Sweet one!
I am sorry though to hear that you are still hearting from your ribs. I hope that you will heal soon.

Fri Jun 09, 09:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to say I know how you feel. I have cracked a rib before. Sometimes it stil hurts. Just do not let anyone step on you if you are lying on the floor : )

Sat Jun 10, 01:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Cop the Truth said...

Here's a tip: stop LOLing so much with cracked ribs, it makes life easier ;o)

Sat Jun 10, 02:35:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home