Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Anyone got a spare rib?


....Because I need one! LOL My family is started to call me spare rib now! haha It's crazy...I've only been out for like three weeks, but I'm so ready to go back. I honestly figure it could be September before I'm able to spar again - to give my ribs plenty of time to heal before getting beat in again. Obviously, I'll be able to go back to karate before then for forms, kicks, etc.

I've been trying to walk to keep somewhat in shape so I don't die when I am able to begin lessons again! LOL I've been trying to get things done around the house, as I hate feeling lazy and like I'm not getting things done. I can only justify reading being still and reading a book for so long!

During this time I have resumed a favorite childhood activity - no, not playing cars! Playing Super Mario Bros 3! Yes, the system in older than me, but who cares? It's great fun! I recall finishing up with chores and school work as fast as I could to be able to free my day up to play mario! Right before we stopped playing it, T and I had finally beat Koopa! What a grand day that was! :-)

It has been like 5 or 6 years since I've played. I have played N64 and Play Station since then, but it was never regular old Nintendo! As soon as I picked it up, it just all came back. I remembered the secrets, where things were hidden! Faith loves to watch me play. I'll watch her play for a few minutes, before she hands the controller to me, "Please play!" She begs me to go play so she can watch me! I guess she gets to watch while learning, where I had to learn by doing! LOL

So, I've had some fun while being so sore, as well!

Nintendo - $20.00
Super Mario Bros 3 - $3.00
Television - $500.00

Feeling like a kid again - priceless

11 Comments:

Blogger Looney Momâ„¢ said...

Oh hi. I'm glad you came by to say "hi." I do hope you get to feeling better soon. I wish I had a spare rib for you.

I love the original Super Mario Bros. I can get all the way through to the end where I save Princess Peach. I miss that game. The only thing I hated about it was when you died, you had to start from the very beginning. Now I can't even play the games my kids have. My all-time favorites are Pac-Man and Mrs. Pac-Man.

I love your little "MC" commercial - Priceless.

Tue Jun 13, 07:27:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You play Super Mario !?! You're my sister's age, and she could barely crawl when that game came out! How about something more trendy, hi-tech and modern? Actually, it is a pretty enthralling game and it was pretty hip back in the day.

Well, in all seriousness, I hope you get better and heal okay.

:-) Blessings to you and your family.

Tue Jun 13, 07:41:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh I love Super Mario Brothers! Boy does that game bring back some old memories for me too! I used to sit and play with my son, now 15, when he was like 4 or 5. He would always beat me! Always!

Well, I hope you get to feeling better soon. I know how it feels to be laid up. I broke my leg playing woman's softball about 9 years ago and was out of commission for over 3 months. It was a sad time! :( So, just try to keep yourself busy!

Tue Jun 13, 10:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

i'd give you one of my ribs, sweet girl!

we used to put you and tarah to bed early so that we could stay up and play super mario, IN PEACE...no kids crying or asking to play....LOL i remember several nites we'd stay up until 4 am and then have to get up early and take care of ya'll. awwe, those were the days! glad you're getting to enjoy it now! PRICELESS.

stay sweet!

Tue Jun 13, 10:50:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

That sounds just like my brother and I! I love to sit and watch him play... :)

Wed Jun 14, 12:07:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I played Sonic the Hedgehog myself...

Wed Jun 14, 12:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger DaylilyLady said...

Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by!
Yeah, Mock Trial is only during the school year, but I'll try to keep you updated on how this year's case goes.

Wed Jun 14, 12:13:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, we all need to be like a kid from time to time. Take it easy. Come visit my blogs if you have the time.

Wed Jun 14, 12:48:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha!
AWESOME POST!!!! :o)

Wed Jun 14, 01:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hey,
I have never really cared for video games very much but, Kristen Will and my dad love it!!!
Cant wait to see you saturday!
-Hannah

Wed Jun 14, 01:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a hoot :) - believe it or not, but I still play video games - even though I am 'older than dirt' - lol...

Fri Jun 16, 02:45:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home