Thursday, June 22, 2006

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you like your job?


The job of being a sister, counselor, best friend, 2nd mommy (to my little sister! haha), baker, or political volunteer? All of them go up and down - but overall I'd have to say they all average out to a 9! :-) Smiling and enjoying life works wonders on jobs and chores!

Soup
When was the last time you think you were lied to?


Oh wow...lying is something that seems to be done almost daily these days. Honestly, I try to not dwell on the negatives, attempting to deal with facts. Not to say that I just don't do anything...I learn to not trust those people and move on - but dwelling and focusing on the fact that I was lied to only injures me, in the long run.

Salad
Share some lyrics from one of your favorite songs.


Oh, that's hard.... Let me share a few from a selected few favorites! haha

From Held by Natalie Grant:

Two months is too little
They let him go
They had no sudden healing
To think that providence would
Take a child from his mother while she prays
Is appalling

Who told us we’d be rescued?
What has changed and why should we be saved from nightmares?
We’re asking why this happens
To us who have died to live?
It’s unfair

Chorus:
This is what it means to be held
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we’d be held

This hand is bitterness
We want to taste it, let the hatred NUMB our sorrow
The wise hands opens slowly to lilies of the valley and tomorrow



From Do They See Jesus In Me by Joy Williams:

Is the face that I see in the mirror
the one I want others to see
Do I show in the way that I walk in my life
The love that You've given to me
My heart's desire is to be like You
In all that I do, all I am

Do they see Jesus In Me
Do they recognize Your face
Do I communicate Your love, and Your grace
Do I reflect who You are
In the way I choose to be
Do they see Jesus In Me



One more....What Are You Waiting For by Natalie Grant:

so you wanna change the world
what are you waiting for
you say you're gonna start right now
what are you waiting for
it only takes one voice
so come on now and shout it out
give a little more
what are you waiting for


Main Course
What do you do/take when you are in pain?


It depends on the pain...I hate - absolutely hate - taking pain medication like tylenol and ibuprofen. So, my family knows if I'm asking for it, that I must be hurting something fierce! haha I think the only times I've taken prescription pain killer is when I had an implanted tooth - and they drilled into my bone for that, so I wasn't about to go without something strong! And when I had my upper wisdom teeth pulled...I was in tears over that one, because I didn't take enough of the medication. Next time (for the lower wisdom teeth), I'm taking FOUR of the horse pills before they even begin to numb me! haha

Dessert
Fill in the blanks: My __________ is very __________.


My rib is very much better.....yeah, that works! haha I'm so excited about my ribs feeling better, ya'll, I actually got to drive tonight! I was as excited as a 15-year-old behind the wheel for the first time! :-) I'm like jumping up and down on the inside!!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Your feast is very filling.
Mine is up too.

Fri Jun 23, 07:57:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

"I'm jumping up and down on the inside" *grin* I love it.

Fri Jun 23, 10:12:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Just Nancy said...

I love the song Held, and I hope your ribs continue getting better.

My FF is up, too!

Fri Jun 23, 11:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Delicious(!) dining. Love all your answers.

My feast is served.

Fri Jun 23, 11:34:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast - love all those lyrics :) I hope you continue to feel better and as good as new very soon!

Thanks for stopping by to visit, and have a wonderful day :)

Fri Jun 23, 01:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Viamarie said...

I enjoyed your feast especially the soup.

Cheers to a healthier you!

Fri Jun 23, 08:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good to hear about your rib.

Sat Jun 24, 05:26:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUM! Very Beautiful Post! :o)

Sat Jun 24, 12:48:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hey Girl!! I am cooped up in the house with pink eye!! In both eyes!! Yuck huh? Check out my blog i posted about it!!!

Sun Jun 25, 09:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger MaR said...

Enjoyed your feast, good to read your rib. Have to review your salad, don't know this singer...

Mon Jun 26, 01:41:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home