Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Surprise!



I had a great birthday! With the welcoming of one day, I told my teen years goodbye and have now embraced the journey of my 20's! :-)

I figured Mom would try to throw something Friday night - at midnight (when it was actually the 8th)...perhaps have a few people show up or something. Nope! LOL



I had planned to go pick wild blackberries with Faith and Josh right after work. On my way, Dad called and asked to see if I wanted to go out and eat - which is totally normal for birthdays, he'll usually take us out. We go pick blackberries and after we get a big bowl full, Faith begs to go play on the swings, slides, and monkey bars for a little while! Then, I go to meet Dad at the office. Just as I get there, he gets a call from a customer wanting to place an order. I tell him to go ahead, we don't have a clock to punch! haha, how wrong I was! He takes the order and about 45 minutes later we head to eat.



We get there and we walk casually inside. We start to sit down and Dad is like, "Look, there's some of us already here!"

My first reaction is, No way! It was somewhat mixed, because I wanted to celebrate with everyone but I was looking forward to spending some time with Dad.




There's gift bags on the table, Mom, T, and my grandmother are there, along with three friends! I'm so embarrassed...not because I'm surprised, because I feel like I look horrible! I hadn't done much to my makeup, I was dressed casually, had been sweating (picking blackberries), and my hair was just put up! But, I figured I couldn't help it at that point, the best thing I could do was enjoy myself! :-)



We had a grand time! And they had planned to go bowling, but, as my rights had it because I was the birthday girl, I vetoed that idea and chose to go get ice cream and all the toppings - then party at home! LOL I didn't blow my diet completely...I still chose low-fat options.......when I could! hehe It was my birthday, and I wanted a little ice cream to celebrate!



I ended up getting nail polish, lots of earrings (I absolutely love them!), a gift card, three shirts (the "I Love Lucy" shirt I adore...it's from my Dad, something I wanted so much!), bracelets (from Faith!), and a cookie jar (from Granny Duh) that says, "If they don't have cookies in Heaven... I'm NOT going!" Plus lots of love from everyone!












And I got a poem from a friend...we've known each other for 5 years and he moved away to California - but recently we've gotten back in touch (thanks to the web! haha). It goes:

no words to speak nor write
can show the gratitude inside
you've blessed others by just living your life
I pray that it is you blessed this time
I'm sure I speak for all your friends when I say
thank you for your loyalty and living this way
you'll never know the hearts you've reached
you'll never understand what your words mean
five years now and i've gaind a friend
and a sister in Christ until the end
Keep your chin up, hold onto the fathers hand
Happy Birthday Maegan... um thats the end






Just because the night ended didn't mean the surprises didn't....on Saturday, we went to eat with a few of our team mates. We went to eat and they got together and conspired for them to sing and get me a strawberry shortcake with ice cream! Not only did the standard workers sing, but the entire table (of about 20) sang too - at the top of their lungs! LOL It was great!



This year, I've gotten many gifts. I was offered the political job (just when I was getting out of it all, doesn't God work in mysterious ways?), I'm playing a sport I love once again, and I've made some great friends on the softball field! The gifts seem to be coming faster than I can count them!



Needless to say, it's been a great year and I'm looking forward to an even better one!

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy life every day of your new year! Blessings to you in your 20th year.

btw...you should come visit some time! The door is always open to YOU!

Tue Jul 11, 10:20:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! I lost your blog for a while there... sorry about that. The pictures speak a 1000 words, looks like you had a ball with your family and friends. 20's not so bad although I remember crying on it... oh well. Enjoy it - life moves far too fast these days!!

Tue Jul 11, 10:56:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

It's always nice to have friends and family to make your one day a year spectacular! And hey, when it's your birthday, that is the one day that you can spoil yourself and eat whatever you like! Don't worry and enjoy your day! What kind of gift cards did you get? I love Lucy too! It sounds like you had a fun time and I wish I could have been there! Maybe next year ;)

Tue Jul 11, 11:22:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Happy birthday girl! Guess what we figured out, you and Clari ahve the same birthdays! Except you are about 16 years apart! lol. Happy birthday!

Tue Jul 11, 11:28:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You look like you had a wonderful birthday, Maegan. It's not surprising with friends and families around, who know you so well.

Tue Jul 11, 12:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!

Bethany :)

Tue Jul 11, 03:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

That's great. I'm glad you felt loved on your birthday - everyone should!
And July birthdays are the best... I'm a July baby too! :):)

Tue Jul 11, 04:14:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Meggles said...

Sounded like you had a wonderful time celebrating! Surprise parties are always fun!!...btw, your hair looked fine from the pictures.

Tue Jul 11, 05:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Matt said...

Sounds like a blast. I hope my birthday(on Friday) goes as well as yours did.

Wed Jul 12, 11:07:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated bday! Love that cookie jar and the poem. What wonderful and thoughtful gifts. Enjoy this new year!

Wed Jul 12, 02:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Jul 12, 04:57:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! Aren't surprises great :) Some people don't like surprises, but I think they just make you feel extra special. I remember when I first started my job, my birthday came along and it was looking to be a really gloomy day, but then they had a party for me at work and that alone was such a great gift. Anyway,I'm glad your day was really special and you got to share it with people you love :)

Wed Jul 12, 04:59:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Vicki said...

...oops! I posted before this but Blogger hiccuped or something. Anyway, looks like you had a wonderful birthday surprise! Glad that it was filled with love. The twenties is a cool decade, especially with such a supportive network of friends and family.

love ya,
V.

Wed Jul 12, 06:03:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mike Jones said...

Happy Birthday, and Congratulations on your 20th birthday! My oldest daughter turned 20 in May, and that was a momentous day, so I can imagine that you had a wonderful, meaningful day!

Good luck with the next 20!

Wed Jul 12, 09:21:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous even without you being 'made-up'...You have a beautiful smile and a beautiful face. And foremost you have beautiful heart full of love...
Again - happy birthday - sweet one.

Thu Jul 13, 02:10:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home