Friday, August 25, 2006

Stalkers

...are not cool! Ok, I've got to run to wally world, right? Right! Well, I usually go with my partner in crime - T. So we head out to get what we need...

So, we're getting our list and we're about 80% done. Head to the hair section...well, around the corner comes some guy we had "noticed" and labeled the type to watch out for. A guy in a hair section...not a good thing. He's on the phone and walks up to me and T...

"'Sup girls? I'm not from around here, but I'm here with some friends tonight and we got a little party happening over by the college..."

We're giving him these looks like, yeah...what do you want us to do about it?

He goes into introductions and shakes our hands! Oh, I'm starting to be like ok, I'm ready to move on. I give generalities and no information whatsoever. He finishes telling us about this party. "Yeah, just me and a few friends...like, getting together...you know.....nothing too crazy." He looks at T, "Are you like already...yeah....you look like you've been......right." She looks at me like, Did he just ask what I thought he did? and give him a crazy look like, I'm not believing you just said that... Without missing a beat, he continues, "I'm from Atlanta and we're just here for a while.....yeah, and girls....we just don't see them like you two!" FINALLY, he walks off! I'm rejoicing!

We're like...that was weird. He talked to us for like 7 minutes.....SEVEN MINUTES! That's a long, long, long time when you're "cornered" in the hair section....We talked about ball, food, I heard "party" more times than I could count....I'm about ready to have it out with somebody!

So, as we move on watching for this one guy.....we notice two more "watch-out-fors" (not in a good way, people!)....and I'm going, Next time, I'm not using my real name... so we conspire to use "fake" names....kinda fun! LOL Anyway, so on our way to check out we notice one of our black belt instructors, Jessie, there.

We go on and check out, he's on the phone we're ready to get away from this dude. I'd like to say hey, but he waves and I wave...and he's on the phone. So, we continue checking out. A few moments later, he's back. I bow and we say hey, talk about how we're doing, and catch up. He moves on to do whatever and we return to checking out....

Then the 2nd "watch-out-for" dude walks up..."Hey girls...I was noticing you two and wanted to know if you'd like to hang out..." I'm thinking, not now...we just go finished...I wasn't planning on doing this again so soon....I'm gonna have some fun this time!

He asks for our names, we execute our "plan" beautifully.

Then I speak up, "You aren't inviting us to another party, are you? We've already had one guy do that...." I just trail off and T looks at him, raises her eyebrows at me, and looks back at him - like she's not believing I just said that.

"Well....umm...no, not a party......no drinking or anything like that...." haha, busted!

"We've got something to do tonight..." I tell him...and we do!

"Ok...later then!" He walks off!

I've had enough creeps to last a while now. We finish checking out, pay, and start to head out. As we're about to out the doors, I realize the 2nd dude is right outside the door with another buddy, possible even three or four. I remember Jessie and how he was checking out as we left...I grab T's arm and whisper, "We're not going out yet.....they are waiting for us....Jessie's checking out....Let's walk out with him!"

She nods in agreement. So, we make small talk with the sweet greeter there. Jessie finishes and heads our way. I walk up to him and explain that we've had some guys trying to get us to go to parties and they are outside the doors...and asks him if he would please walk us out.

"Not a problem!" He cheerfully says with a smile.

He goes with us, and to beat it all his tee shirt said, "Black belt instructor" on the back in big letters! haha

He puts his arm around me as we're walking out..."Those guys will just wish they're like me when they grow up!" LOL You've just gotta know Jessie, you gotta love him! I look back to see if the guys were still there at that point...nope! They saw Jessie and his tee shirt and ran the other way - tails tucked! ha

He was just as sweet as he could be. He stayed right there and talked to us the entire time we loaded groceries. We finished and he was like, "Ya'll have a great night!" and heads to his car. I start to take the buggy to put it up (I hate to see people being lazy and just leave their buggy there to dent someone else's car...no offense if you do that...) and he's like, "Oh, let me get that for you! Just get in the car!"

Awww, I couldn't show my appreciation enough! I wanted to give him a big hug and try to communicate some of it, but words or actions couldn't begin to show it! He was just so sweet and thoughtful! And doing it so cheerfully! He just is one of those people that make you want to smile all over! :-)

So, we survived our night of stalkers and creeps - many thanks to Mr. Jessie!

10 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

wow..what an experience!

Fri Aug 25, 12:45:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Mike Jones said...

Way to keep your wits about you, and good job keeping an eye on your surroundings. That's the best way to keep from becoming a victim of a crime - prevention!

Fri Aug 25, 02:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

Dude!!!!

Fri Aug 25, 08:34:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

You and T. were smart, Maegan. You are both bound to be noticed - you are stunning young ladies. But you kept yourself from being harrassed further by protecting your safety and having someone walk out with you. I bet your mom and dad were really proud of you and relieved that you had a friend nearby!

Fri Aug 25, 10:40:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

i'm fimly convinced that God allowed Jesse to be there at that time at that moment.

and i know how you try to make light of it after it happens, but i also know i've been with you twice when you've been followed and harassed and i know when you're in the middle of it, it is awful!

but you did the right thing. and remember you NEVER have to walk outta that store...just stay in there call us, call a friend...just wait. so good job!

Fri Aug 25, 12:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

Whew....how scary! I'm glad you were able to spot a friend and make it out OK!

Fri Aug 25, 01:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The old 'party' trick is as old as the hills; you kept your thoughts going there, Maegan. Well done to you and T. Those creeps can be spotted a mile off.

Fri Aug 25, 03:16:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Phew! That's some scary stuff! Glad Jessie was there. I think that your mom is right God had Jessie there for a reason. He was like your gaurdian angel who just happens to be a black belt haha. You are smart girls! My husband currently has a stalker on his blog that continually attacks him for his faith. Pray that he goes away! Love you!

Fri Aug 25, 09:34:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tater Bug said...

How scary!!

Tue Aug 29, 02:25:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nathan L. said...

Thank God for his protection. A good percentage of guys are polite, but some are simply aweful. (at least we're not all that way)

Tue Aug 29, 02:43:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home