Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm Baaaaaack!

Ok, back to blogging now....yeah, that's where I am now. We got back late, late on Sunday evening from the tournament. We ended up coming in for 5th - and in a World Series that's not a bad place! :-) Although we should've been 2nd or 3rd (with a definite shot at 1st)....but you have those bad innings that lose a game for you. And, because of the rain, they had shortened the normal 120 minute time limit to a mere 50 minutes. This is like chopping a 6-7 inning game to 2-3 innings.

The thing that made us sick was when we realized the team that won all the way straight to the championship was the team we lost to in extra-innings. Which means we played with the best of them, then gave it all away in one bad inning! But, that's why it's called a game....

The good news is, I think I'll be able to play some fastpitch Fall Ball!!! That's so exciting to me....now, if that coach would call! lol

I'm going to try to get some pictures posted soon! Mom took TONS of them!

11 Comments:

Blogger Nathan L. said...

Congratulations!

Tue Aug 01, 12:02:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

That is AWESOME!!! We had the same kind of tourney - we had to play one of the teams that made it to the "Ship" - in our pool play....we faced some intense teams and held our own.

Brandon is going to play FALL BALL too - in an all WOODEN BAT league - should be interesting - and this league is more for fun than intense competition - so we are looking forward to it.

The girls will be in their first official Horse Show in a few weeks and looking forward to that too.

Give my love to your fam. Thanks for letting us know how you guys did and again CONGRATS!!

Tue Aug 01, 12:58:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

I've been praying for you.

Tue Aug 01, 02:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hard luck, Maegan, but you still had a great tourney. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Tue Aug 01, 02:52:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

Glad you had a good tourney. I used to umpire fast-pitch (don't throw anything at me!), and I know how exciting it can be.

I'm glad that you are going to have the chance to play some more.

Tue Aug 01, 04:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Meggles said...

Wow, Congrats on the win! Good luck with the fastpitch Fall Ball! Last time I played baseball was a long time ago, I'm more of a spectator now.

Tue Aug 01, 07:49:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is doing well. He sometimes visits his parents when he has breaks from camp. He is very soon going to be seeing his grandparents and then he will be coming here to visit me in Louisville!!! I look forward to that.

Wed Aug 02, 12:08:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool that you had a fun weekend...
Too bad that you didn't play for the championship...
Miss you!!! Love Ya!!!

Wed Aug 02, 07:49:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

YEA! Congratulations! As long as you put your best into the game, that's what counts. And, getting to play Fall Ball on top of it. I'm sure the coach will call.

Thanks for coming to visit. I always appreciate hearing from you.

btw...is it my turn to write??????

Wed Aug 02, 08:19:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog to show thyself approved.

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."
—2 Timothy 2:15

Wed Aug 02, 01:20:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Doug E. said...

Great Job! Kudos are in order.

Doug

Wed Aug 02, 06:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home