Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Letting Go...

I've been doing some heavy thinking, praying, and brainstorming. Some things have been on my heart recently - I always wondered why things seem to hit at once. Why couldn't all of this have come before or after this election stuff? LOL

I just wish things could be what they seemed and when your brain made a logical decision, that your heart could get in line and follow suite. But there's so many complications, things you know you did wrong, and trying to identify and fix those.

I'm left with the thoughts of What if...? The best conclusion I've come to is to let go...I don't have a choice. Things will work how they are supposed to, as long as I don't just sit back and watch life happen. As long as I jump in there and do what I know is right, His plan and purpose will be followed through.

I was going through some blogs and came across this...it seems to be just perfect for my pattern of thoughts!


To let go does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else.

To let go is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another.

To let go is not to enable,
but allow learning from natural consequences.

To let go is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.

To let go is not to try to change or blame another,
it's to make the most of myself.

To let go is not to care for, but to care about.

To let go is not to fix, but to be supportive.

To let go is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.

To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.

To let go is not to be protective,
it's to permit another to face reality.

To let go is not to deny, but to accept.

To let go is not to nag, scold or argue,
but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.

To let go is not to criticize or regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.

To let go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.

To let go is to fear less and love more

Remember: The time to love is short

14 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Fine words; sometimes, certain words just fit.

Wed Jul 19, 07:04:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Star said...

Letting go is the most difficult thing I've ever had to learn. And I'm still learning, because nothing in life is more difficult for me! In the ministry I do working with families, particularly parents, this is the biggest struggle........It always seems to be. Somehow we interpret it as not caring. And there's also that strong desire to want to be in control of things that is impossible for us to have control over. I'm glad God's in control and that when we say "I'm letting go" we're not giving up but giving things over to the only one who can handle them and work in our lives and the lives of those we love.

Love you!

Wed Jul 19, 09:39:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

Remember: The time to love is short

Love God with everything

Love your neighbor

And isn't that really what it's all about?

Wed Jul 19, 10:16:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

yes, i think you're right on target! much wisdom for such a young heart.

Wed Jul 19, 10:27:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Vicki said...

Yes, so much wisdom, my friend. Letting go is the hardest thing, but trusting God with the outcome brings peace as we give to Him all that concerns us.

love you,
Vicki

Wed Jul 19, 07:11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Nic said...

GAH!!!!! KICK ME NOW!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooooo sorry I missed your birthday. It's 3 days after mine! July babies are just awesome!

This poem is really great! Wonderful words that are full of truth. :) Thanks for sharing them my dear one!

{{{HUGS}}}

Wed Jul 19, 09:53:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

Hey cute girl!! I miss ya tons!

Sorry I haven't been able to blog much lately - or stop by and say, "Hey ya'all:)"...I even missed your big BIRTHDAY!!! Happy belated birthday and welcome to being 20something :) Enjoy these years :)

On "letting go" - know that God is in complete CONTROL and He will never let you go...go as He directs and where you feel His peace...and you won't go wrong :) Trust your heart and His voice! The LIVING GOD is with you ALWAYS!!

Blessings!! And Hugs!

Wed Jul 19, 10:21:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Radical One said...

great advice vicki and kimber..this is so true "trusting God with the outcome brings peace as we give to Him all that concerns us."

keep your chin up, girl! you're doing so great! the lessons you're learning are priceless and you just can't imagine how much you are progressing!

and remember, i know you are a princess cos I know your Father!

Thu Jul 20, 12:47:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, yes, great words. Everything in His time and for His purpose!

Thu Jul 20, 09:52:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Jason said...

Amen

Fri Jul 21, 08:01:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Luke said...

Lisa: So that makes you the Queen eh? *grin*

From what I can tell you have a wonderful little Kingdom set up in your house.

Fri Jul 21, 11:38:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Fri Jul 21, 05:03:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

Mon Mar 05, 04:07:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Anal bareback cum gay man oral sex shot http://www.big-cocks-48.info/small_tits/small-boobs-goth/ Round juicy butt sexy foot girls news Hairy woman thumb Dorothy black hardcore Posing mature galleries Fat sex free sample vids Jenna jameson sex scene ifilm

Wed May 09, 01:57:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home