Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I'm still here...

I've not been a faithful blogger...bad girl! haha

No, I've had a few things going on lately. I've had some things running through my head as well as just being under the weather. My body has had a few things happening lately, so I've been tired and drained - mostly felt like I've had the flu or something.

But, I'm doing alright. Finally about time to feel better! All day, I had looked forward to taking something to help me rest tonight. You see, for the past 6 days or so, I've had trouble sleeping at night. I haven't been able to sleep until at least 2 A.M. - sometimes not until 4 A.M. I've tried getting up at 7, tried sleeping in to let my body rest, tried just laying there, still. I've gotten on the web and chatted with several pals and gotten to know them much better! :-)

So, back to my story...we're getting ready to pack things up to head to a softball World Series. So, I got up this morning thinking I'd take something to help me rest early tonight (at Mom's recommendation, of course!), hoping I could wake up and feel rested and refreshed - instead of tired, drained, and overall weak and achy. I wait all day long then about 8:30 I take a Tylenol PM...should help me relax, right? Totally dead wrong! I laid there for the next TWO HOURS wondering why in the world I was still wide awake, tossing & turning, with my heart racing. Yes, it made me HYPER! So much for that rest and feeling better tomorrow!

Well, here comes another long night, I suppose. It definitely could be worse - just wish I could rest so I would feel better and play at my peak this week!

15 Comments:

Blogger Mike Jones said...

If you're like me, when I was playing competition baseball (years and years ago... lol), hopefully it's just nerves. I remember stressing for a week before all-star tournaments and TOC's. Hopefully it's nothing more than that.

Good luck, hope you guys do well!

Tue Jul 25, 12:27:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! I like your new profile image, VERY COOL! Take care! :o)

Tue Jul 25, 01:29:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Nathan L. said...

When I can't sleep, I've found that reading the Bible always helps me.
God bless & good luck

Tue Jul 25, 08:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Hannah said...

That always makes me hiper to!!!

Tue Jul 25, 12:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good luck in the competition, Maegan. I wish you every success.

You have a cool, well-chosen picture as your new profile image.

Tue Jul 25, 02:54:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Dionna said...

I'm sorry you're not sleeping well! I always slept good until I became a mom. I found out that too many things are going on in my head and I have a hard time relaxing my thoughts enough to go to sleep sometimes! Whenever I can't sleep I just start praying and talk to God until I drift off.

Tue Jul 25, 03:51:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Crystal said...

Aww, poor girl. Hope you feel better! Like the picture!

Tue Jul 25, 05:19:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey im sorry u cant sleep. i play baseball and softball and right before a big tournament i get these killer stomachaches since im so nervous about the game. the only way i can lessen them is to not really think about the game but its hard. maybe ur nervous?

sorry i couldnt be more help.

good luck in the tourney!

Wed Jul 26, 12:34:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that sounds horrible. Have you tried alcohol? (Really, I'm just kidding). Well, I really hope that God's grace is strong in you and you are able to play your best.

Wed Jul 26, 04:59:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better Miss Maegan. I appreciate you posting a reference to my web site back on July 13. Since I am a lazy blogger too, but I finally updated my blogroll and added you and your mom. :-)

Be encouraged! Take heart! Count your blessings! Keep smiling and never give up, and you can endure all things through Christ who strengthens you!

Thu Jul 27, 06:09:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Gordon said...

I hope you are sleeping better and that the tournament goes your way.

Thu Jul 27, 09:04:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Meggles said...

You definately need sleep to feel better. At least thats how I'm feeling these days when I go to bed too late I'm yawning and feeling so tired the next day. Plus it doesn't help when you get a charlie horse in your leg everynight, I guess I have to start stretching more. Good luck with your baseball!

Thu Jul 27, 11:46:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Kimber said...

Love the new pic!!

Hope the All-Star Tourney is a blast - it is probably just nerves that you can't sleep - I never can when I am super excited about something either!!

Brandon just got back from Cooperstown...there were 96 teams there and my son's team finished in the top third. He got to be a starting pitcher, finishing pitcher, catcher, 2nd Basemen, and Right Fielder - so exciting and fun to watch - we are so proud of him!! IT was a blast even though they didn't make it to the Championship games.

Miss ya'all~! Love and hugs!

Sat Jul 29, 10:22:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Right click mp3 player effects its ritalin side You are the generationbought shoes album free thumbnail upskirts pic Boot coach sahara h fit safety shoes Blackberry pc berlin boots website symptom withdrawal phentermine Merchant account trencito &apos &apos &aposcom 2 apple gb ipod mp3 nano player advantest plotter ebaycom shoes

Sat Mar 03, 01:31:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

Tue Mar 06, 02:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home